2012 Big Blue 300 Pro with a Kubota engine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanebob View Post
    Nice! this is getting really technical! I understand what you are saying about the control relay I believe. I don't have it off yet but in looking at the Section 9 Electrical Diagram it looks like it comes off the number 7 connection on the fuel hour meter, would it be wise just to replace it along with the fuel hour meter at the same time to eliminate any weak links? thank you very much for the advise sir.
    I know you depend on this machine to make you money every day but I don't like to "poke-n-hope" by just changing a number of parts at once UNLESS I know for a fact they are all bad or have been compromised by another component failure. Hence the troubleshooting suggestions. Systematic process of elimination that might save you some $$$ and know for sure what the cause is as well.

Correct on pin #7 which should be wire #54. Pin #7/wire #54 is the ground path for CR1 and with a fault indication there should be 12VDC(+) on wire #54 with the ignition switch in the RUN or RUN/IDLE positions. This voltage would simply be 12VDC(+) feeding thru the coil winding of CR1 which would not be energized due to the lack of a ground thru the hour meter/fuel gauge unit on pin #7 as the result of a fault trigger. Under normal conditions with no fault trigger and unit running, there would be no voltage reading between pin #7/wire #54 and ground.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
    http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Or by design... the oil pressure is actually dropping below 4 psi and the machine is shutting off to protect itself.. Oil level OK?
        If you remove the wire from the pressure switch... start the engine... does the engine stop 30 seconds later?

Comment

Guess we all just presumed the OP checked the oil level in light of the LO OIL fault indication but wouldn't that be a hoot. Have seen that with a number of portable generators equipped with low oil level switches.
          Syncrowave 180 SD
          *HF-251D-1
          *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
          PakMaster 100XL

Comment

Originally posted by Popscott View Post
            Or by design... the oil pressure is actually dropping below 4 psi and the machine is shutting off to protect itself..
            This is a good point. It's a good idea to check the oil pressure itself.

https://www.amazon.com/8MILELAKE-Eng.../dp/B01N98909D

Disposable chinese pressure tester.

Comment

Yes... I have seen engines with border line oil levels that will not run on an incline but will when unit is level..

Again.... pull the wire off of the pressure switch and see if the engine shuts off 30 seconds after it is started.. It is not a sure fire conclusion but may tells us whether the circuit is working...

Comment

Yes the machine is full of oil, checked that first thing and it will shut it’s self off if the wire is pulled from the pressure switch, have not used it much since last week, have some 30” and 12” tie ins all day tomorrow will see what it does, I ordered the oil pressure switch last Sunday but have not received it yet to install it. Thanks for the input will see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

The OP switch is NO (Normally Open) with no oil pressure. If functioning properly the switch will close to ground with more than 4psi which is what the hour meter/fuel gauge module is looking for. Pulling the wire off would be simulating a low oil pressure condition and shut the unit down as it should.

To check for a faulty OP switch, one needs to ground its wire manually or with a jumper from the sender terminal to ground with the wire still connected to the switch. If the unit continues to run with the OP switch wire grounded then the switch is bad.
                  Syncrowave 180 SD
                  *HF-251D-1
                  *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                  PakMaster 100XL

Comment

Working...
                  X