Used Big Blue 300 Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Big Blue 300 Pro

There's one in my area for $1500. Claims to have 3400 hours. Is that a "to good to be true" price? Is there any life left in it?

Thanks.

If it's a Craig's list add, it's a scam. Ask seller for the serial number so you can date the unit and don't use your regular email. You won't hear back from the seller.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Yup, scam. Down here it's usually a "like new" bobcat for $1500.

Comment

They compile email lists using the add as bait, then sell the email list. It's too bad Craig's list can't police it better. They just give you warnings to only meet in person.
        You usually get a long winded bs story about they're selling for their aunt because their uncle passed away. Or, their off shore in the military and someone else has it and is selling it for them etc. Don't give them your email.
        Last edited by snoeproe; 10-15-2018, 08:48 AM.
        Lincoln Idealarc 250
        Miller Bobcat 250
        Torchmate CNC table

Comment

I've had the military story given to me before too. Scum bags.

Comment

The scammers posting in my area (think they) got wise to people flagging the "always $1500" priced welders, and have been putting prices like 1503 or 1509....like no one would figure that out! These people are not bright. I see at least two a week, sometimes more. Other big scams here are RVs (Diesel pusher, like new, for 5 or 10K, 20K tops), John Deere small backhoe/loader for 2K, like new, and loads of cars for a thousand or twelve hundred dollars. Sometimes the Bobcat or Trailblazer stick welder description includes specs for wire feed speed and wire spool size....

Comment

If they worked half as hard at a job as they do being crooks they might be productive members of society.

Comment

So true!

Comment

Or. If==you==see==this==in==the==add,
                  its usualy a scam too
                  Lincoln Idealarc 250
                  Miller Bobcat 250
                  Torchmate CNC table

Comment

I've been getting a ton of those "this is the IRS calling, we've issued a warrant for your attest....blah blah blah" calls lately too. Dirty pricks.

Comment

Those IRS warrant for arrest calls even get left on my answering machine! I stumbled on something that works when the crazy calls have a real person on the other end. As soon as they start to talk, I say, "Keine English; sprechen Sie Deutsch, Fraulein?" Usually they hang up; if not a few more sentences in German makes them give up. Those four years spent studying German have finally proven to be useful! May not work with a more common language like Spanish, but very few people speak any German.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
                        ... very few people speak any German.

"You're welcome."

Comment

Hey, we all have very wealthy long lost relatives in Nigeria who we are beneficiaries of.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/ww2thebigonedotcom.files.wordpress.com\/2016\/05\/patton-photo.jpg?w=700"**[/IMG2]
                            "You're welcome."
                            For sure. I wasn't born til shortly after the war, but a lot of good men (and women) died so we can all be speaking English today. My dad lost most of the fingers on his right hand to that war. I have German ancestry that saw where that whole thing was headed and got out years ahead. They were probably more anti-German than the rest of the Americans they knew.

I had to stop and delete the rest of what I just wrote about what's going on in this country today--this site !s not political, and I need to put that talk somewhere else.

Thanks for the picture and the reminder!

Comment

If he was here today he'd lose his mind....

Comment

Working...
                              X