Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 12vs suitcase value ,never used value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 12vs suitcase value ,never used value?

I have a 9 year old 12 vs suitcase stored never used no stinger new condition . And was wondering what it is worth please. Welder broke and i never got a chance to use it. Still has pigtails . Any ideas would be appreciated .
    aloha
    dan

Depends on location in the Midwest here with a gun ready to go 600 bucks realistic

Comment

Seems to me I paid something just south of pat h's figure for one in the same described condition a few years ago. Construction company bought several for a job and this was one that never got used.
      MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
      *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
      *HF-251D-1
      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
      PakMaster 100XL
      Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
      http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Thanks pat and duane,
        its over 2 k new and 1300 used on ebay ,so how can a new unused one be worth under 600d ? Ive been sick for about 4 years and am finally comin out of it. Ive been welding for 30 years so im not a newbie
        Thanks again

Comment

Not having a warranty knocks a decent amount of value from it. If you're going to price it close to new price, people will just buy new. Why not put it on ebay asking for as much as you want for it, then see if someone bites? You can always re-list it lower.

$1300 seems reasonable. I'd probably start out trying to get $1500 for it then see if anyone bites.

Comment

Thanks Kwan, thats about what i thought.
            aloha

Comment

Is there a place on this site to list it,or is that a no no.
              Thanks

Comment

There's no "place", per se. This site is strongly against any commercial attempts at sales. However, I think this has been addressed before and as I recall, there is no problem if a long-time member like yourself is trying to sell a single piece of personal gear. A moderator can correct me if I'm wrong; no harm, no foul.

Comment

Thanks aeronca .i appreciate the info. If someone is interested the can pm me and i will send pictures. I will be asking more questions about
                  my bobcat so i can get it running again. My shop burnt down in 2006 from a macnut warehouse fire accros the street and i lost all my welding
                  equiptment. Thats when i got my new bobcat tig and suitcase. I was to broke from the fire $330k, to gett a stinger for it.Than had spine surgery
                  getting back into it again. Thanks
                  aloha
                  dan

Comment

Wow--sorry to hear all you've been through. A fire is pretty devastating, and I can only imagine a high-fat nut warehouse was a pretty impressive display--and a real killer for anything nearby.

Hope the surgery is successful in the long term. Back pain is no fun at all. Been there. Avoided surgery thanks to the efforts of an old-school Osteopath, and now doing very well. Just have to keep up the exercise regimen and not do anything stupid.....twinges remind me when I begin to get near the edge of something stupid....

Comment

Originally posted by starwindmarine@gmail.com View Post
                      its over 2 k new and 1300 used on ebay ,so how can a new unused one be worth under 600d ?
                      Sorry to hear of your fire loss and surgery too.

I agree with MasterKwan's point regarding the lack of warranty and his suggestion regarding pricing it to offer it up for sale. You can always come down.

An item's worth is driven by region, supply and demand. The one I purchased was simply no longer needed nor wanted by the owner and he was unloading it along with a Lincoln LN-25 that I bought as well. I think it was $1000 I gave for the pair. Both in like new condition and I just split the total cost in half as a "value" for what I paid for both. Only the Lincoln had a gun.

If you can determine a going price for the item in your area by checking craigslist and similar sources you may find a greater value figure.

Let us know about the Bobcat and hopefully we can help you get that back up and working. I take it you don't see a current or future need for the 12VS with the Bobcat?
                      Syncrowave 180 SD
                      *HF-251D-1
                      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                      PakMaster 100XL

Comment

Dan,
                        I forgot to add, you could go over and register on the WeldingWeb forum https://weldingweb.com/ where they have a For Sale/Trade section. If you're not already a member they tend to prefer a couple posts before offering up items for sale. This is to discourage someone from joining for the sole purpose of selling something. As you've been a welder for many years, a shop owner and may likely be seeking advise on getting your Bobcat running again I'm sure they'll be OK with offering up the 12VS. Just put in the post that I invited you over to WW on the Miller site. Whether here or over there, I'd be happy to help with your Bobcat issue along with several others here that offer a lending hand when needed. Just make sure to post up the unit SN so we can be looking at the same machine as you when that time comes.
                        Syncrowave 180 SD
                        *HF-251D-1
                        *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                        PakMaster 100XL

Comment

Actually, FOR SALE postings by new WW members is perfectly acceptable - so long as it's not to excess - if you're interested.

https://weldingweb.com/showthread.ph...um-Please-Read!
                          Syncrowave 180 SD
                          *HF-251D-1
                          *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                          PakMaster 100XL

Comment

Thanks aero and duane, its nice tobe so welcomed here. Yep i will go over and log in there. I made the mistake of charging a dead battery on the bobcat
                            and i guess it blows the rectifier and a main board so i have to troubleshoot that. My local miller dealer had the same problem and sent it to oahu, im on the big island and it took almost a year for them to fix it. They thought it was fixed and than the wiring harness melted down. The lava flow was only
                            8 miles from the shop here,scarry and hard to breath for 3 months. I had to stay inside house a couple times with ac on,yuk.thanks again.
                            aloha

Comment

I was saved from the battery charge/jump start disàster by the guys on this site when I bought my Trailblazer. I remain VERY grateful. Good bunch of folks here.

Comment

Working...
                              X