Foot pedal adapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot pedal adapter

Hi all, I"m wanting to use the foot pedal I have for my Maxstar 150STL that has a 6 pin plug , on my recently acquired Dynasty 200 DX which has a 14 pin socket.. I would need it to have a 6 pin female socket on one end and a 14 pin male plug on the other. I have found the 14 pin plug I believe but am having trouble with the 6 pin socket. Any ideas? I am tryiing to avoid buying another pedal if I don't have to. I don't like the finger controls at all. If there is something already available please direct me to it. Thanks for your help.

I had hoped you might be able to buy one from Miller4less, but I looked it up and the socket on the front of the Maxstar is part of the operator interface circuit board, and that's either $230 or almost $500 depending on your serial number. That's a dead end. Here's hoping someone has already figured this out and will see this thread.You could go to Digikey, Allied, Mouser, TEDSS, etc. and just look through their connectors to see if you can find one that looks like it. Seems unlikely Miller would have gone off and manufactured their own connector--someone vendor must have made it for them. May be a long, tedious process but I'm guessing there is one out there.

Comment

I have just the opposite adaptor from miller part #300507 6 pin machine to 14 pin pedal, the name on the female 6 pin end is Switchcraft they may have a male end, otherwise get a ssc 14 pin pedal much nicer than the factory miller

Comment

That's a key piece of info, pat h.

bjfou, I'm guessing that if you spend an hour or so looking at pictures here,
        you'll find it. Not guaranteed, but more likely than not.

http://www.switchcraft.com/

Comment

Thanks pat h I saw the adapter on Millers website .
          Aeroca41 Thanks for the link, I think I found what will work after some searching . I should have that part sometime next week . Now I need to get the 14 pin male plug which I think I saw on Millers website and go over the wiring to make sure everything will match. I do have the SSC pedal , but for the Maxstar 6 pin. That's the problem. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know how this works.

Comment

You can get the 14 pin male on ebay for $21.49 and free shipping; not sure what price you've found but this is an option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Pin-Male...sAAOSw6btZsXhB

The seller is USAWELD, which is the HTP guys in Chicago. Outstanding people, outstanding service. Never seen an issue Dianna couldn't figure out, or find someone who could. I have Miller, Lincoln, and Hobart welders (mostly old) but buy a lot of accessories and supplies from HTP. Super place.

Comment

Just bought it, I found it elsewhere for about $10.00-$15.00 more . Thanks, now get the wiring figured out. The only issue I'm having is the terminology of the 2 machines. more research though. Again thank you very much for your help.

Comment

The wiring diagram for the above mentioned miller part number is "form: OM-250 017A

Comment

Originally posted by pat h View Post
                  The wiring diagram for the above mentioned miller part number is "form: OM-250 017A
                  I tried that number and nothing comes up. I was hoping to get the diagram for the adapter that Miller makes but nothing coming up. The only thing I see different is that the Maxstar uses 6 pins with a jumper between pins 5 and 6, and the Dynasty only uses 5 pins. That is according to the SSCControls info for the pedal for both machines. The miller drawings for the Dynasty show 9 pins being used. This weekend I'm going to pull the 14 pin plug for the finger tip controls apart and check the wiring. I did get both the 14 pin plug and the 6 pin socket. . It's getting closer!!
                  Last edited by bfjou812; 10-04-2018, 01:25 AM.

Comment

I'll try to post a picture later of the sheet, I don't know if I can not real good with computers

Comment

Checked the plug on the Dynasty, there are only 6 wires being used with one of them being a shield. The wiring looks to be the same for each plug according to the info I have here.

Comment

Got all of the parts in and tried to put it all together. The cannon plug went together somewhat easy but I destroyed the 6 pin plug. I lost sight in my right eye about 4 years ago and it plays **** with the depth perception and trying to do close up work. The good news is I was able to find a pre assembled cord with the 6 pin socket already on it. Thanks for all of your help.

Comment

Glad you found a backup plan---and that you didn't let loss of an eye keep you down! Hang in there, and let us know when you get it working.

Comment

Sounds like you got it, I know what you mean I lost my left eye and most hearing in my left ear 2 years ago

Comment

You guys should get link up, together you almost make a whole person.

Comment

Working...
                              X