Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auxiliary power

Hello,
    I recently purchased a 2011 Big Blue 500D. I would like to know how to set the machine for generator power.. Occasionally I will be using the machine to supplement my off grid solar. I already use it for welding but I want to make sure I have it set properly for use as a generator so that i do not damage my solar components.

Thanks, Vin

Welcome! Did you get a manual with it? If not you can find one here:

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts

If you don't find it using the Serial Number search box, just put the name in the other box and scroll down to find one that matches.
    Should tell you all you need to know about the machine, but you really need to talk with someone knowledgeable of solar systems just to be sure. I would assume that if you connect it via a transfer switch to the utility power side of your system it would be OK, but having never connected to a solar system I would find a solar system expert to ask.
    Last edited by Aeronca41; 09-14-2018, 05:30 AM.

Comment

I always disconnect my solar when I run my Trailblazer Air Pak or my 135KW Cat generator that way I'm sure it won't back feed into the solar system.
      Good Luck,
      Bob
      Millermatic 252 w/30A
      Big Blue Air Pak
      Ellis 3000 Band Saw
      Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
      8-RC
      Dynasty 200 DX
      XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
      Millermatic 211
      Passport Plus
      Spectrum 625 X-TREME
      Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
      2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
      SA-200 Black Face '59
      SA-200 Green Lite '84
      SA-200 Green Lite '80
      SA-200 Red Face '69
      SA-200 Red Face '66
      SA-200 Green Lite '81
      '70 Black Face Round Barrel

Comment

Vin,

I know a little more than most about solar power plants, my family's homestead is off the grid with a solar power plant. What controller are you using?

Comment

Working...
        X