Miller 330 value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 330 value

Does anyone what a 330 welder goes for. I have one with a miller cooler, new torch, tank and regulator. I was hoping to get $700. I have gotten no interest on it. I always heard these were great machines.

Where about are you?

Comment

Its scrap value in copper is probably $300 or more, and you can probably get $350 for the OEM pedal alone. Add a cooler, torch and flowmeter and it sounds like a bargain at $700 to me. I paid $350 several years ago for mine, and mine didn't come with a cooler, torch, flowmeter or bottle.

Maybe you're not advertising its strengths enough (huge power – mine supposedly puts out 465A in AC – bulletproof, will last forever, lays down 7018 like a dream, the soft start feature, etc.) ... they're great machines.

Comment

I was looking on ebay. They seem to have a wide range of prices. I see reports of them selling for $400 on up. I'd like to have a tig welder but they weight 850 lbs and require more breaker than my work shop has. You're competing against 40lb chinese welders that cost $500-700 with the same performance ratings.

$700 seems pretty fair to me. Might take awhile to find that special someone.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterKwan View Post
          You're competing against 40lb chinese welders that cost $500-700 with the same performance ratings.
          You show me a $500-$700 chinesium lunchbox that can put out 400A at 35% DC and I'll give you a cookie, MasterKwan.
          Last edited by Helios; 08-13-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post

You show me a $500-$700 chinesium lunchbox that can put out 400A at 35% DC and I'll give you a cookie, MasterKwan.
            Your point is valid.

On the other hand, if you only need 200 or so amps, all that extra power just means you need bigger service to your breaker box for a welder that weights over 800 lb. Meaning virtually impossible to transport without a crane. The shear bulk of this thing means you'll have to find that special someone who wants THIS welder.

I wouldn't mind having one of these old tigs but I simply don't have room for it. I do have room for a 40 lb disposable Chinese welder though.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterKwan View Post
              On the other hand, if you only need 200 or so amps, all that extra power just means you need bigger service to your breaker box
              Not true. You could run it on a 50A breaker. You just wouldn't have the top end.

Comment

"Disposable Chinese welder" is exactly what you get.

I have a 330 and she truly is a beast. I love it. I use it more than the rest of my machines. She laughs at a puny 1/8" welding rod. Makes you kind of feel...inadequate...with your rod and all.

Comment

The reason I got this was my previous tig had a board go bad. Not cheap. I would think these 330 would last forever. However, can not see too well to weld anymore and can no longer use it. If anyone knows anyone in the Michigan area looking to purchase, send them my way

Comment

Working...
                  X