Bobcat 250 low weld out put and no idle down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat 250 low weld out put and no idle down

So Having some more issues with this unit, bobcat 250 carbureted Koehler 23motor. Serial number: Lh005511. Done a good amount of work on this unit and then it sat for a bit. It no longer wants to go into low idle, when applying battery volts to solenoid it pulls in and idle down. No voltage output from hour meter/ idle control to solenoid. It has the voltage input from the ignition switch when put into low idle mode. I’m guessing the hour meter/ idle control needs to be replaced, unless it is missing another input that I am overlooking.

The second and more concerning issue is that at the proper setting for 1/8 7018 rod it will not hold an arch. I have to crank everything to the max to get a 1/8 7018 rod to burn and even at that it’s not burning very well. I did replace the C1 capacitor last time I was in here just because I had already ordered one and sr1 and sr2 checked out ok then too. Any help would be appreciated.

What is your OCV in high idle?

Comment

What is OCV

Comment

Open Circuit Voltage--the voltage between the two terminals where your welding leads are connected.

Comment

72volts with leads disconnected and running at high idle.

Comment

72 OCV is a bit low but it should weld. You said you've done a bit of work on this unit. How are the brushes? Rheostat? Did you or someone else replace the rheostat? If so it should be a 207177 or a 233060. I've seen Bobcat 225 rheostats give this same problem if installed in a 250. Lastly how is F1? Clean it up make sure you have a good fuse and holder.

Comment

So I replaced the rheostat with the factory replacement ordered from air gas. Brushes are good, also cleaned the armature a little bit ago. I will check F1 connection to fuse holder and make sure it’s clean.

Comment

Ok. So is the # of the rheostat 233060? Airgas personal make mistakes too.

Comment

Working...
                X