Ultrasonic Cleaners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrasonic Cleaners

Whats the truth about Chinese ultrasonic cleaners, anyone own one and dissatisfied with its performance?

I have one. What are you planning to clean in it? How big of one are you looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      I have one. What are you planning to clean in it? How big of one are you looking at?
      Mostly small engine carburetors, gun parts, reloading dies, brass and other things around that size.
      Ryan this is the one I'm interested in, there are so many brands but they all have the same specs. I won't be using that often so I'm not worried about wearing out, but the next time I go to use it I expect it to work. The higher priced one its size is only a few bucks more, so I don't see how it can be more reliable or clean better than the lower priced one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A1SY8YN3678BYJ

Comment

I'm no expert in ultrasonic cleaning, but the specs on that machine seem to be inline with the rest. As I understand it, the large items you're cleaning the lower frequency you want. Be cool to have an adjustable one. 40khz seems to be pretty much the general spec I've seen. As for where you get it, I'm not too particularly fond of amazon, but that's just my opinion. I'd prefer to buy the tool from the company that makes it, so if I have trouble with it, there is someone to reach out to for assistance or technical advice. Maybe buying it on amazon is the same thing. Last thing I bought on amazon was a cold coffee brewer carafe thing for my wife. No moving parts.

Comment

After reading reviews what makes me a bit hesitant about buying one, is some reviewers say they were not happy with the results of their machines cleaning abilities, and some say they are very happy with there machines, but it sounded like the stuff they cleaned only needed to be cleaned on the outside and took longer to clean then if it had been cleaned and polished by hand.

If I could find someone online that has used one similar to the one what I'm interested in, I would feel more comfortable buying one.

If I don't hear from someone I'll get one anyway and just send it back if it doesn't live up to its claims, but I much prefer not having to go through the trouble of repackaging and sending it back if possible.
          Last edited by tackit; 08-07-2018, 11:02 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

I have one I bought for cleaning up reloading brass. I'd have to look at how many watts mine is after work but it could definitely have more watts than whatever mine is. However it, surprisingly ,worked pretty good cleaning up my old tractor carb doing half at a time. Just not as fast as I'd hoped cleaning 100 44 mags. I first bought a cheap one and upgraded to the one I have now. The one you posted on amazon looks like it'd be nice for you want to use it for. 250 watts should about do it.

Comment

I had to look, this is what I've
              got
              https://www.amazon.com/Magnasonic-Pr...asonic+cleaner

I can say anything about how long it'll last but have had mine for over 10 years with moderate usage and it still works great. Yours has a much bigger capacity but I think the huge increase in power more than compensates. I think you'll be pretty happy with it.

Comment

I read an article that was relating the indirect proportion of size vs wattage. Talked about how the larger the tub, surprisingly, the less wattage it took to achieve the same results. Made sense after reading the article.

That one you posted noob is what I've always seen for cleaning dirty jewelry. So if people are getting tractor carbs clean in them, my guess is the bigger, more robust one will be even better. But I go back to buying a...whatever it is you need...from a reputable company in case it breaks or just sucks at its job. Take a look at the used market, too, and see which models are still choochin after years of service.

Comment

Ryan, check PM.

Comment

I bought the more expensive one, the manufacturer says it takes them back and the tank is the right size for what I need. I think these machine's cleaning action has to do with degassing before using the machine and making sure the water is not dirty, because anything that interferes with sound waves in the tank will affect the cleaning action.

I canceled the smaller one and bought the bigger one after reading your comments.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HBDUM74...&pd_rd_w=mt23L.
                    Last edited by tackit; 08-07-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

There seems to be several "brands" of the same units; here's another
                      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078KR75RS...detail_3?psc=1
                      some of the reviews on that one are pretty scathing, hope yours ISN'T - I have one of the little 2.5 liter HF ones (Harbor Freight, NOT "High Frequency" :=)
                      But I'm ZERO help, bought it on a coupon and stored it. Eventually intend using it for chainsaw carbs, etc... Steve

Comment

Originally posted by BukitCase View Post
                        There seems to be several "brands" of the same units; here's another
                        https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078KR75RS...detail_3?psc=1
                        some of the reviews on that one are pretty scathing, hope yours ISN'T - I have one of the little 2.5 liter HF ones (Harbor Freight, NOT "High Frequency" :=)
                        But I'm ZERO help, bought it on a coupon and stored it. Eventually intend using it for chainsaw carbs, etc... Steve
                        It's troubling reading the reviews, you don't know if users read and followed directions or if they asked more from a machine than what it was designed for, or if a machine actually does a good job.

The machine I chose on Amazon says it uses a thicker gauge tank then the others, so hopefull they put better electronics in it too.

You can go nuts reading all the different reviews and comparing different makes and models, the only thing for sure is, You're gonna puts down your money and you takes your chances.

Comment

Boy ain't THAT the truth; one of the things about Amazon's "reviews" and Questions - they haven't figured out how to SORT them by ACTUAL MODEL - example: question - "tank dimensions?" then you get 12 different answers for the 6 different models of 2-3 different BRANDS of ultrasonic cleaners - USELESS MUCH??!? - I see this on nearly everything I'm interested in on Amazon. And the "technical details" are just as worthless - tank LENGTH in the description is listed as "long" - WTF does THAT mean?

OK, that wuz one of my SHORT rants - too dang HOT fer a LONG one, nobody listens ANYWAY :=)) ...Steve

Comment

Originally posted by BukitCase View Post
                            Boy ain't THAT the truth; one of the things about Amazon's "reviews" and Questions - they haven't figured out how to SORT them by ACTUAL MODEL - example: question - "tank dimensions?" then you get 12 different answers for the 6 different models of 2-3 different BRANDS of ultrasonic cleaners - USELESS MUCH??!? - I see this on nearly everything I'm interested in on Amazon. And the "technical details" are just as worthless - tank LENGTH in the description is listed as "long" - WTF does THAT mean?

OK, that wuz one of my SHORT rants - too dang HOT fer a LONG one, nobody listens ANYWAY :=)) ...Steve
                            Thanks, Steve for commenting, I enjoy reading members thoughts on different topics, how this machine works might help someone else that is unsure of what to do. You're right though, comparing machines apples to apples in nearly impossible. Hot here too, I had the fan going in the shop and it made it where I could work. Yesterday I stayed inside, the temp was 90 and humidity was high, the first time this year it's been so uncomfortable, right now it's 75 and overcast, still humid, weather is calling for low of 67 and overnight rain. Thinking about glorious fall weather right around the corner. I better say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, time just keeps flying by don't it, I saw my first Christmas tree lights ad about a week ago.

Comment

My inexpensive Harbor Freight unit I bought off eBay several years ago does a good job on small engine carbs and other parts. Even after having to take it apart to clean it up following going under Harvey's flood waters.
                              MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
                              Syncrowave 180 SD
                              Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
                              *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
                              *HF-251D-1
                              *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                              PakMaster 100XL
                              Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
                              http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Working...
                              X