Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum 375 Issue

Hello Everybody,
    I have a Spectrum 375 plasma cutter with a ICE27C gun and I'm having a problem. The problem is when I pull the trigger it will cut for a few seconds then the arc stops, none of the lights light when this happens either, just the power light is on so i don't know what is wrong. I changed the consumables, checked my air pressure, IDK ??. I bought this machine new and have had it for years but have never really used it before, I don't think I've ever made a cut with it.

Any ideas what I should do and check?

Sounds like you're just getting the pilot arc. When that's happened to me, I changed out the consumables, all of them, and it's back in business. Or you could have a bad ground.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      Sounds like you're just getting the pilot arc. When that's happened to me, I changed out the consumables, all of them, and it's back in business. Or you could have a bad ground.
      My thoughts exactly. What are you cutting, and how secure is the work lead to it?

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post

My thoughts exactly. What are you cutting, and how secure is the work lead to it?
        I'm trying to cut some holes in a 55 gallon barrel (make a burn barrel), so its probably 16 gauge. I did grind spot where I connected the ground.

Comment

Change the electrode and see if that works. If not, change the cutting tip too. If that doesn't work, try changing the swirl ring. That's always solved it for me. New consumables.

Comment

PAC wants clean material for the work lead connection as well as the surface being cut. It does not cut rusty or coated metal nearly as well.

Move to some known clean metal and try your cutter again, to help eliminate possibilities.

Comment

I'll try out your suggestions tomorrow and reports back.

Comment

I check the consumables in the torch, they all looked just like new. I put the torch back together and its working now, IDK maybe something was put together wrong??. Anyway, I cut about 12 holes a 55 gallon drum, I'd say I cut six holes that it didn't stop and on the other six the torch stopped cutting in the middle of the cut. None of the warning lights came on

Is that normal? or do I still have a problem?

Comment

Change the consumables.

Comment

Working...
                  X