161 STH performance and troubleshooting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 161 STH performance and troubleshooting

Hi there - anyone familiar with the in's and out's of the 161 machines? I using an STH that's supplied with 110V 15A. There seems to be a problem with the HF...is anyone familiar with the error display, "SA"?

Might stand for “service agent”. Just a guess though. I didn’t see any reference to that error code in the manual, although I just skimmed it. Try calling Miller tech support. Has this welder been operating perfectly prior to this?

Comment

Yes - it's been operating quite well until now. Lift arc setting is not working either. We've been using the remote amp control until now. I'm going to call tech support tomorrow.
      Last edited by split484; 07-24-2018, 02:40 PM. Reason: adding text to clarify

Comment

Man I hope you get it figured out. See if it will stick weld before you call, might help them figure out your problem.

Comment

Those are fairly new. I would think yours is still under warranty? Serial number would help. I've worked on quite a few of these and if it stick welds ok the problem has been in the front panel board.

Comment

I hope it’s under warranty. I doubt any sort of electronic board for these is cheap.

Comment

Working...
            X