No announcement yet.

Great Products.... but bad service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always a pleasure to celebrate something good!

If anyone's interested, this is the thread I started on the Hobart board. There's some nice pic's of the BWE if someone hasn't seen it.

http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/...ght=Miller+BWE

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

I bought the Xlix series. Probably the same head gear. No problems here ...yet....Best helmet I've ever had. It has no weight. On the downside I have been flashed a few times due to sensor being blocked. Had to put in a new battery in less than 1 year use.
      Wheat Stalker

Millermatic 210
      Dynasty 200DX
      Fisher CZ-5...CZ-3D..
      Trek 5500
      1966 Amphicar

Comment

[QUOTE=HAWK]MAC702,

I was using an Optrel Satellite before the BWE. It is a nice hood, but nowhere near as comfortable as the NEW. It has eaten me alive on arc flash when tigging tubes that create “arc” blind spots!

I wonder if you had the sensor shield in the narrow setting?
        I like the headgear for the fact it moves back to front.
        After about 7 years of good sevice out of my Speedglas 9000x
        I am going to have a real hard time buying any other brand.

Comment

Hawk,

Thanks for the direction.
          I love this helmet when it's not slipping down my head or falling off.
          I hope I can get a new headgear and it fixes the problems.

Regards,

Starace

Comment

ScottV,

It does not seem to matter how the Satellite is set it just flashes me. I had an opportunity to use a couple of Speedglass helmets: One was Mark Kaldec's at Miller and the other was a newer model that belonged to pjseaman. I think I liked both of them. However I only put a total of a couple hours of arc time on these speedglass helmets. I would really like to try a new 9002X, but they won't even discuss a demo. I guess that tells me where I don't stand with them. I am not about to shell out 350+ dollars on a helmet that won't even dim under 8' flourescent lights at my dealer w/o a week's demo-no way!!!

Comment

Hawk,

I have had my BWE for close to 18 months. How does one go about getting the updated head gear?? Don't have a problem with the old gear but my luck is it will go south the second it goes out of warranty.

Is there a special site or phone # or just go to the dealer??

Thanks

Moe

Comment

It looks likes my BWE is gonna be fine.

Thanks HAWK, TS and Miller.

Regards,

Starace

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702

Personally, I dislike the relationship between Miller and OCC. I'd chaulk the whole experience up to bad kharma from being associated with those losers.
                  they really do misrepresent miller.......now we have a bunch of numbskulls buying lil migs and calling themselves weldors !

if the helmet is faulty miller will most likely take care of it

dawg

Comment

There is a difference between webbings.

I bought a Miller BWE about a year ago and have had problems with the tension remaining set so that it would stay up . This April I won another Miller BWE as a door prize at the local Praxair dealer's open house . The head band adjusments have improved a lot. I use the new one now but plan to upgrade the head band assembly on the other. Have been very happy with the performance of the AD lense and only notice that it will AD temporarily if I am using a halogen shop light and turn to the light. The dealer indicated that AD helments sense the pulsing flash of an electric arc and will undarken if it is not being flashed.
                    MM251
                    Synchrowave 200

PowerMax380
                    Victor O/A
                    Century 155GS
                    Big Window Elite

Run silent, run deep

Comment

Originally posted by moe1942
                      Hawk,

I have had my BWE for close to 18 months. How does one go about getting the updated head gear?? Don't have a problem with the old gear but my luck is it will go south the second it goes out of warranty.

Is there a special site or phone # or just go to the dealer??

Thanks

Moe
                      Check your email through the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by starace
                        It looks likes my BWE is gonna be fine.

Thanks HAWK, TS and Miller.

Regards,

Starace
                        You are welcome

Comment

Is there any way t tell the new from the old headgear? I've had a problem with mine from time to time, when the tension adjust plastic nut loosens up, and the entire thing kind of falls to pieces, and I end up on my hands and knees looking for all the plastic bits under my welding table. Best view I've ever seen, and most comfortable, though. I bought my BWE about four months ago, and from what I know, it was pretty fresh from the factory. When did they make the change?

Comment

yeah the old style will be stripped out
                            BB402D
                            TB300D
                            DIMENSION652
                            MM250X
                            MAXSTAR140
                            S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
                            HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

If it were me, I'd just drive over to Miller...ah the perks of living in the Appleton area
                              It's not the voltage that gets you, it's the amps.

Comment

You don't have to drive guys!

Miller sent out the new hardware for my helmets by UPS.

In less than 15 min after the UPS guy got here, I have 3 helmets that are now perfect. When you put them up they stay up and when you nod them down they come down perfectly! This turned a very good helmet into a phenomenal helmet.

The Miller Company is the best and the people they have working for them are top notch!

Thanks to Hawk for the referal and to Tom at Miller for getting me the parts so fast!
                                Bob Sigmon
                                A/O Setup with Meco Midget
                                Miller Big Window Elite
                                Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

Working...
                                X