Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Cooled TIG Torch for a Dynasty 280DX

Hello folks,

I am in the market for a water cooled TIG torch because I am tired of constantly running my gas/air cooled CK FlexLock over it's capacity of 150 amps. I am looking at the CK200 (250amps @ 100% duty cycle on both AC and DC) and the Wledcraft W-310 (formerly CS310). There is a lot of positive reviews online about the CK200 but almost non about the W-310. Has anyone got some experience with the W-310 they would like to share? I understand that the advantages of the CK200 are that it has a higher rated output on AC, a much larger water jacket and it is cheaper than the W-310.

I am interested in the W-310 because of the unique triangular handle that has self-indexing flat top for easier torch orientation, but I am a bit bothered by the fact that it's only rated for 235 amps on the AC side, I could perhaps ignore that since I don't do AC welding anyway. All inputs are welcomed.

Look into the WeldTec SpeedWay tig setup. Rated at 320A AC and DC.
    HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
    Eastwood MIG175 w/spoolgun
    Eastwood Versacut40 Plasma cutter

Comment

The CK 230 is a 300 amp 100% AC/DC duty cycle torch, and uses the same consumables (series 2) as the CK200
      This would allow you to use the 280dx at full amperage
      Richard

Comment

I didn't even know that torch exists. Did a bit of searching around and it seems like a great torch, not a whole lot of reviews but the few I found were very positive, and the price is OK. Thanks Oscar

You should add the new welder to your signature here

Comment

Thanks Richard, I didn't consider it because I was aiming for the smallest torch I could find and the CK230 looked tempting but has a larger diameter handle. That's why I was asking about the CS-310. I have no plans on going over 250 amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Precivilization View Post
            I didn't even know that torch exists. Did a bit of searching around and it seems like a great torch, not a whole lot of reviews but the few I found were very positive, and the price is OK. Thanks Oscar

You should add the new welder to your signature here
            I don't think you can add signatures here on the Miller forums.
            HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
            Eastwood MIG175 w/spoolgun
            Eastwood Versacut40 Plasma cutter

Comment

The 280 DX ships from the factory when you buy the kit with a Weldcraft W-280........formerly a WP-280.....if you have consumables from an existing older WP series torch..........you can still use them in the W-280...........I like the new 280 cause it's built on the older WP small frame.....more comfortable in my hands.........and with gas lenses I can get anywhere.....

Comment

I don't have any experience with the Weldcraft- but I do have the CK 200 with the Superflex cables on my Dynasty. I previously had the gas cooled FlexLock and loved it. I just got tired of having to let it cool down. I switched to the water cooled version with a Coolmate 1.3. Now I can run 200 amps on A/C and the torch body doesn't even get warm. The only downside is that the CK torch handle is so slim that my finger control won't tighten on the handle. But, I use a foot pedal most of the time-so not a big issue.

Comment

Working...
                X