Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Have a Miller 375 Service / Tech Manual... Board Schematic??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Have a Miller 375 Service / Tech Manual... Board Schematic??

Please See My Personal Blog Post! Miller Spectrum 375 X-treme Plasma Cutter.. Teardown / Repair Complete!!

Last edited by Contract_Pilot; 11-13-2018, 05:46 AM.
    My Shop Tools:
    Tormach PCNC 1100 CNC Mill
    12X36 Lathe CNC
    Miller Diversion 180 Tig
    Miller 211 Non-Inverter Mig
    Lincoln Power Mig 255C
    Miller LMSW-52T Spot
    Quincy QT54 Compressor
    Miller 375 X-Tream Plasma
    SkatBlast 960DLX
    I Support The Right To Repair https://repair.org/stand-up/
    My Personal Blog: Http://www.stevenrhine.com
    My Warez I Sling.. http://www.iff-inc.com

No, I don't, but if you're making AK-47s, you'll get along just fine around here! I've repaired a couple receivers myself. among other gun projects.

Comment

Were you set up at the Red Oktober AK Nationals in St. George, UT? I shot the inaugural one two seasons ago when I was still very active in competitions. I had many compliments on shooting it with an original Sile, NY, Norinco.

Miller related: I had the predecessor 375 Spectrum Cutmaster before they came out with the X-TREME model.

One of the Miller guys should be able to tell you the part you need tomorrow (Monday) morning.
      Last edited by MAC702; 07-01-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

This is a lot more fun on my end than it is on yours.

Comment

I chuckled when I saw your pics of that PC board. Looks a whole bunch like the one in my passport plus! I'm at about the same stage of disassembly too! I'm gonna start a thread about it as well. I have the tech manual for it so far but haven't got the board schematics yet. So far I've found a bad zener diode for the power supply to the atmega microcontroller.

Comment

I took some pics of my passport plus board for comparison. No idea if this will help but I bet there are only so many parts bins to draw from at Miller. No warranty expressed or implied, not suitable for use in pollution controlled motor vehicles, I make no claims of safety or suitability for any purpose, for display only. Ive never been bit by high voltage high current DC, And I dont want you to be either.

Comment

yeah tell me what ya need I will do what I can. A shame they don't want to publish all this info any more. I know hobbyists are a very small part of their business, but what does it cost to make available data any more? If I cant fix a broken machine I get for cheap, Im just gonna buy a cheap machine. Industry will do the same eventually. These private equity firms that buy profitable tool companies are killing them. I want to buy American, but I also want good value for Dollar, and buying a $1100 dollar board for a $2000 dollar obsolete light duty machine is not a good value. Plus I'm just cheap and ornery.

Comment

Miller and Lincoln do not use OEM parts, that is, all parts can be found say at Digikey or Newark. Now pulling board parts is generally not the answer. Least wise without a Huntron scanner. Most machines are pretty simple to locate the problem anyways.

Comment

I've repaired dozens and dozens of miller boards, if you put a little MEK on the board and let it sit for a while, it depends on the type of conformal coating used at the time, then blow it off with compressed air it will remove the conformal coating and the de-soldering goes much easier and cleaner.

Comment

Working...
                  X