NR 211 MP Flux core through a MM180

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NR 211 MP Flux core through a MM180

Has anyone tried to run flux core through their MM180? Mine won't feed it.

Try a larger tip..Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

You'll need to be more specific with what's happening. It should work just fine. They do sell the knurled drive rolls supposedly for FC wires, but I've never used one and have run miles of FC wire through dozens of different MIG machines. I've never used an oversized tip either, but I've heard of people preferring to do that.

What size drive rolls are you using? What size tip? What wire size?

Comment

I bought a brand new knurled drive roll and put a brand new .035 tip in the gun but the machine won't push the flux core wire through the liner at all. I can easily push a foot or more wire into the liner but the wire won't feed when I pull the trigger. After going through every possible thing it could be a few times, I was left to wonder if the 2007 machine's motor drive isn't built to push .035 flux core, that's why I asked. I'll buy a new liner but like I say, Mig wire runs right through the liner and out the tip without a hitch. I'll be back when I find out what the problem is and post what I found. Thanks guys for commenting.

Comment

What size liner is in it? What's the largest size solid wire you've run through it?

Comment

I found the liner was touching the drive wheel just enough it kept the wire tension adjustment from being able to force the stiff wire down in the grove far enough to make sufficient contact with the drive wheel.
            I also found the gun's cable was not tightened in the machine's mount like it should have been. A year or so ago I had the SIL swap the 180's gun with my Challenger's 172s gun while troubleshooting another feed problem I was having, evidently, he didn't tighten the cable like he should have. I'm thinking this spring when the 180 was brought up from the basement and taken out to the shop, it's gun's cable's being loose in its mount allowed the cable and liner to move forward toward the drive wheel.
            My old eyes totally missed the problem. I didn't see the what was going on until today.

The machine is laying down the .035 Lincoln NR 211 MP like its a robot, It likes the dials set on 4 and 40 welding 3/16 HR.

Comment

Perfect. Glad you found it...Bob
              Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
              http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                Perfect. Glad you found it...Bob
                Thank you Bob, it was something different this time. And thanks again for the copper bus bars you sent men years ago, when I saw them today it caused a bit of nostalgia, man how time flys by. 72 now and feel every bit of it, but as long as I can make it to the shop I don't feel like I'm missing out on to much.

Comment

Working...
                X