Engine Welder Fix'r Upp'r - Need Info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Welder Fix'r Upp'r - Need Info

I have an opportunity to buy an old Miller Legend. It's "hurt". The generator doesn't run. The engine does run. What usually goes wrong with the generator, and how much would it cost to fix?

I don't need to find myself. I'm always at my lathe.

Well, I made him an offer. Waiting to see if he bites. Called a repair facility. Armatures are no longer available, but they can be rewound. The hardest to diagnose is the stator. Pray it's good. Cost, perhaps $600 if it's not. The repair tech said the brushes and the bridge diode are the most likely to go bad. If that is the case, I can bring it back up for under $50.

IF I can bring it back up, I'll give it a coat of paint, and see if I can get a new face plate. What sells? Functionality and shiney-shiney, pretty-pretty.

I don't need to find myself. I'm always at my lathe.

Comment

I hate painting.

Comment

I owned two Legends, both were great welders, if you get it running you will be happy and glad you fixed it. Today I would love to own one of these small beauties. https://www.millerwelds.com/equipmen...-welder-m00515 I don't need anything fancier or larger for repair and maintenance on the property or mowing equipment.

Comment

Working...
        X