Certiflat weld rotator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certiflat weld rotator

Discussion over at WTT, someone bought their (Certiflat's) new rotator, check it out if you've wanted something at a reasonable cost, reported that just over 100 units left at intro price of $240

BTW I have NO affiliation with Certiflat
    Richard

Made one several years ago but I decided to look and see.

Ended up ordering one as a kit.

Arrival expected in 4 weeks - time enough to gather parts to motorize it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	590484
    Here is what I made.
    Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Look forward to seeing your new unit powered up, does the old one still work?
      Richard

Comment

Yes but it doesn't get used much so I'm way out of practice.
        Will be interesting connecting a motor to the new one.
        Speed control would be a plus.
        Most likely I will soon be able to make sloppy welds in minutes instead of hours.

Stay tuned for details...............
        Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

I didn't go slogging through my Home Shop Machinist magazines to find it,but there are a couple of unpowered rotary welding tables in there. Acme Industrial Surplus (Where Wiley Coyote shops!) has many motor reducer/motor combinations. They're pricey, but it beats retail by a bunch.

I concur with the comment about seldom used. I could have used one today, but that is the first time in almost a year. My main problem now is shop floor and shelf real estate. When something comes in, something else has to go out.
          Last edited by buffumjr; 06-23-2018, 09:56 AM.

I don't need to find myself. I'm always at my lathe.

Comment

Working...
          X