Idle issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle issues

I have a Miller Bobcat 225 NT, would not go to fast idle. Replaced the idle control solenoid, replace the PC idle control board, still have issue.

Seems as though there is a current problem because the idle control solenoid never seems to pull in. Using a 12v source i can get the solenoid to definitely pull in.

What part does the CT have in this system? Can it be tested before I spend $300 for a new one without knowing if that is the fix?

Do you mean it will not go to low idle RPM. The welder runs high RPM and welds whether the idle circuits works or not

Comment

No, the engine will not idle up to fast idle. Most causes i have found on the site list possible issues as the throttle solenoid and the PC1 idle board. I have replaced both of these and still have the problem. Seems like it may be a voltage issue from the current transformer CTI or whatever drives the throttle linkage?

Comment

Hi curtkennedy, Does the engine go to high speed with the ignition switch? If it does, check the CT. You should have a minimum of 1 volt A/C coming from the CT with a weld load or 100 watt light bulb load on the generator.
        Last edited by Miller Welders; 06-27-2018, 09:52 AM. Reason: Edited: Response was cut off when posting.

Comment

The idle control solenoid is a "pull to idle".... it does not go to high RPM when the solenoid pulls in.
          The welder is designed to run at high RPM and you can still weld, unless the linkage is binding some how, if the idle circuit fails. If you pull the wires off of the solenoid terminals, the welder runs at high RPM, correct? Am I understanding the solenoid NEVER pulls in during operation with the front switch in idle position and unloaded?
          Last edited by Popscott; 06-21-2018, 08:25 PM. Reason: .

Comment

The solenoid doesn

Comment

The solenoid doesnt pull in at all. I can put 12vdc on it and it will definately pull in. Seems as though the shaft coming out of the alternator is controlling the linkage. Linkage not binding. I can disconnect and idle the engine up and down.

Comment

The issue is it will only run at idle speed. Will not run high speed even if wires from solenoid are disconnected.

Comment

Someone had posted a trouble shooting yes, no chart, but i can no longer see in posts. Please repost.

Comment

if you have disconnected the solenoid and it remains in low idle the module and solenoid are not your problem. It's sound like your RPM's are too low.
                    On your 120 vac plug you should read 60 hz. Increase the RPM's until you get 120vac or 60 hz on that plug. Then worry about the idle.

Comment

post #9... the chart is in your messages

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	591009
                        I have continuity through all wires of the Current Transformer. How would i check these resistors to be sure they are good? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5173.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	591010

Comment

You've strayed far of the path. Those aren't resistors. I gave you the advice in post #10. Did you check the RPM's. I'll try this one more time. If the solenoid is disconnected it should be in high idle. If not your RPM's are too low.

Comment

What should the low speed idle RPM's be?

Comment

I thought you said the machine will not go to high speed? Why do you need low speed?. High speed RPM's you should read 60 hz or 120 v on the 120v plugs in front,

Comment

Working...
                              X