X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curtkennedy
    started a topic Idle issues

Idle issues

I have a Miller Bobcat 225 NT, would not go to fast idle. Replaced the idle control solenoid, replace the PC idle control board, still have issue.

Seems as though there is a current problem because the idle control solenoid never seems to pull in. Using a 12v source i can get the solenoid to definitely pull in.

What part does the CT have in this system? Can it be tested before I spend $300 for a new one without knowing if that is the fix?

• curtkennedy
    replied
    Spring is good. I am also thinking it is a governor problem, but dont know much about how the governor works. I am north of Charlotte, NC

Leave a comment:

• 1997CST
    replied
    Or the governor is bad. Your problem is in the engine. My thoughts are the governor rod has slipped off it's factory setting. Where are you located? You should have been able to troubleshoot this in 1 hour to find your problem.

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Did the engine governor speed spring break? With no speed spring the engine will only run at low idle speed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bobcat 225G Plus Governor Speed Adjustment.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	591418
    Last edited by duaneb55; 08-08-2018, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• curtkennedy
    replied
    To clarify, the machine will not go to high speed. I have replaced the solenoid, the idle control block and even a new start stop switch. No matter what, even with the solenoid disconnected, the machine will not go to high speed. I have set the low speed idle a 2200 as the manual states.

I have checked the continuity through the CT and all circuits are good. Not sure what to check next.

Up till recently, worked fine. Used it for about two months regularly, suddenly will not idle up.

Leave a comment:

• 1997CST
    replied
    I thought you said the machine will not go to high speed? Why do you need low speed?. High speed RPM's you should read 60 hz or 120 v on the 120v plugs in front,

Leave a comment:

• curtkennedy
    replied
    What should the low speed idle RPM's be?

Leave a comment:

• 1997CST
    replied
    You've strayed far of the path. Those aren't resistors. I gave you the advice in post #10. Did you check the RPM's. I'll try this one more time. If the solenoid is disconnected it should be in high idle. If not your RPM's are too low.

Leave a comment:

• curtkennedy
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	591009
    I have continuity through all wires of the Current Transformer. How would i check these resistors to be sure they are good? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5173.JPG
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	591010

Leave a comment:

• Popscott
    replied
    post #9... the chart is in your messages

Leave a comment:

• 1997CST
    replied
    if you have disconnected the solenoid and it remains in low idle the module and solenoid are not your problem. It's sound like your RPM's are too low.
    On your 120 vac plug you should read 60 hz. Increase the RPM's until you get 120vac or 60 hz on that plug. Then worry about the idle.

Leave a comment:

• curtkennedy
    replied
    Someone had posted a trouble shooting yes, no chart, but i can no longer see in posts. Please repost.

Leave a comment:

• curtkennedy
    replied
    The issue is it will only run at idle speed. Will not run high speed even if wires from solenoid are disconnected.

Leave a comment:

• curtkennedy
    replied
    The solenoid doesnt pull in at all. I can put 12vdc on it and it will definately pull in. Seems as though the shaft coming out of the alternator is controlling the linkage. Linkage not binding. I can disconnect and idle the engine up and down.

Leave a comment:

• curtkennedy
    replied
    The solenoid doesn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X