Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't last a second post and they punted me? Not a football punt... soccor punted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't last a second post and they punted me? Not a football punt... soccor punted.

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/t...process.82468/

Lol...those **** Brit's.
    I realize that education is a valuable thing....
    And I realize that talking text books and understanding don't always go hand in hand.
    But the so much for biscuit's kicked me off after one post.
    One post...? I sure hope I haven't offended you guys in the same way?

A month back but I still lurk.
    They called my post spam? The reason why, I upset one of the previous commentators who replied?

After logging in, I see a post about some kids effort, what do you think guys question? Well typing isn't my greatest strength, and you may not know it but typing up a long winded reply in layman's terms, start to finish explanation about GMAW, that takes work with two fingers.
    I do have them all, just type with two.

I told the lad (see I pick things up fast) to not be discouraged with the negatives, those with out suggestion on how to improve, and focus in on understanding and applying the knowledge. then applying that knowledge with understanding to what you see when you squeeze the trigger squirting wire.

It was 3 pass 3F,.035 solid wire, 75/25 mix gas, some foreign machine.

Well, some where in there I said...ah... as my old man would say, leave the thinking for the horses cause they got bigger heads.

LOL...Into my second post I got the first comment, referencing the above comment and how some might not like that, and we are talking minutes.

Check out the forum...I'm sure a guy could spend all day there and half the night if he felt like typing?

But I stop, look, wow, someone liked it. Cool. Go back to typing and things start to light up. This is 12 am mountain standard time...By the time I look again, I see Brad the Terminator is offended and reporting me.

I go back to typing and hit send to discover I'm suspended.
    Then the message... bounced for spam.
    Saaay what???

Well... No appeal, no red flag on the field... Bounced.

I'm just saying, If I had called one of them a horses back side, I could see it. While maybe even rightly deserved in light of the critical nature of the comments, I didn't.

So after a month, I'm sharing my shame.

Anyways...I still lurk.
    And the Brit's, well they still got questions.

I read, somewhere, that there are people who are actually allergic to water. They have to be given it intravenously, or they have a life threatening reaction. It is so with casual speech, today. You never know what is going to offend someone, so the best practice is not to worry about it. When I was in training to be a social worker (glad that didn't work out), we were taught about people with extreme mental problems. Many have "trigger words" or "trigger phrases", commonly used words or expressions that trigger a massive reaction, usually fear or extreme, violent rage. We are seeing this increase in everyday conversation. As an example, I had an extreme feminist go off on me for using the word, "gal".

My Dad had an expression for how to treat such people. "Pat 'em and let 'em go." Say something nice, turn away, move on, and don't look back.

I don't need to find myself. I'm always at my lathe.

Comment

Once again I loose my post to computer purgatory. Oh well. Learn as I go. Thanks for your dad's expression. I'm using it here sadly...
      While my edit was to remove a picture I was posting, My wisdom was sadly lost. A couple try's of that and I got a pop up about spam and moderator for review? Could show up or It and I could be punted here as well??? If it doesn't show up and I don't get punted, if you think it might be worth repeating let me know. I won't promise it will be but, you never know?

Comment

Noel, you're just a troublemaker!

Comment

I'm going to say thanks! Really, I try to be good and behave myself. Something about turning 60, the tape measure getting shorter, and realizing I still have an opinion or advice to share. That and It's an impulse thing..
          If I think I can help make someone's effort a little easier I'm going to try. Ok, that and some advice I was given. Something about a fearful man with no confidence in himself keeping to himself what a man of confidence in himself openly shares.

Not to get all Kumbaya here, but when it comes to welding, I never struggled to weld, that was the easy part, what I struggled with was understand why.
          But wide awake from a nap, I know why. The way it wasn't, and was explained.

My first experience with welding was a AC transformer and a carbon arc electrode. Grade 10, high school industrial arts, circ. 1972. I mention that because in learning welding, it seems it's like the passage of time. Mile stones are remembered but the day to day, is missed. It's you learn this, and this, and this...but it's the details in between that's makes the story, paint the picture and those fill in the blanks.

One of my previous post in the purgatory of this digital age held a quote. from an article.

Arc Welding Neither Complicated Nor Difficult
          Pg. 30 The Iron Age
          May 30, 1940

ACCORDING to J. F. Lincoln, president, Lincoln Electric Co., Cleveland, arc welding has too many doctors. An operation which is perfectly natural, very simple and very easily accomplished, has largely been changed in the minds of the public to an art which takes on the mystery of voodooism with an admixture of the art of the medicine man.
          The public is beginning to think that the welding operator is a cross between a miracle man and a professional musician. This opinion is groundless. The only thing that a welding operator can do is hold the end of the electrode at a certain distance above the deposited metal and advance it along the seem to be welded at a certain speed. Nothing more is involved in this operation. It is neither complicated or difficult. As a matter of fact, with the proper electrode, proper setting of the welding machine and proper preparation of the work, it is practically impossible to make a weld which will not stand up in service with out it so evident to the inspector that he would immediately reject it. It is possible to have defects in the steel that cannot be seen which will make the steel structure dangerous. It is impossible, however, to make a weld on that structure which is dangerous without it being obvious to anyone looking at the weld.

The way I see it, if that guy thinks it's easy...Then I learnt it wrong. but the mystic...that pays the bills.
          Good night everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X