AB/P remote contactor suddenly stopped, could use some help diagnosing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AB/P remote contactor suddenly stopped, could use some help diagnosing

Greetings all. I've got a mid-eighties vintage AB/P 330, serial number JC607631. I've had this machine for about 20 years and it has been a very reliable beast, and I'm hoping to get another 20 years out of it. I use it almost exclusively for TIG work. Recently the remote contact on the pedal just quit working in the middle of a weld. It will still weld if you switch it off of remote, but that isn't a lot of help for a TIG guy that's married to the pedal.

I have tested the pedal and the switch and wiring is fine all the way up to the plug that plugs into the front of the machine. I have replaced two of the relays, CR 3 and CR 4, based on my understanding that they are the ones that govern the remote contactor, but that had no effect. No settings were changed, the knife switch is in the TIG position, etc. Does anyone have any advice on where to go from here?

Thanks

John Braun
    Minneapolis, MN.

Anyone have experience with this machine? It's way too big to lug to a repair shop, so I've got to fix it myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

John

Comment

Get the wire diagram in my experience if u don't know the circuit ur tossing parts at it. Or without testing parts you would be guessing what's failed u should be able to find it based on the sn

Comment

Is this your welder?

Comment

Working...
        X