Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can makes a good drill press?

[CENTER][B]Mua bong b
    Last edited by rooneysoccer; 07-03-2018, 12:49 AM.

So are you a professional blogger pushing drill press sites or are you really looking? Any that you have listed will work very well...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

You suppose it might matter what you're drilling?

Comment

I have the same question. We can talk virtues of different welders, let’s hear pros and cons of drills

Comment

Originally posted by greg83 View Post
          I have the same question. We can talk virtues of different welders, let’s hear pros and cons of drills
          You just don't understand. Someone with 1 post asks a question. Then someone with 1 post answers it. Then the spam starts flying and links to blogs with no connection. I have seen it here a lot over the last 12 or 13 years. But hey I have 7 or 8 drill presses and they all do as intended drilling holes...Bob
          Bob Wright

Comment

Lol, yup very shady for a first post on a WELDING FORUM. lol
            HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
            Eastwood MIG175 w/spoolgun
            Eastwood Versacut40 Plasma cutter

Comment

The clear obvious answers are Dodge, Cummins, Miller, Seahawks, and Orioles. The rest of you are full of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                The clear obvious answers are Dodge, Cummins, Miller, Seahawks, and Orioles. The rest of you are full of crap.
                GO O's ...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

C....the answer is always "C".

Comment

It's a trick question. The answer is 'D' none of the above.

As for a drill press it can weld, first you put a piece of round stock in the chuck, clamp a flat plate to the table. Make sure the two surfaces that touch are clean and free of slag. Turn on the drill press drive the rod into the plate with a lot of force. In a short time the two pieces will get really hot at the point of contact. When the chuck stops turning turn off the drill press. The two parts have now been friction welded together. I haven't tried this with a drill press but I have done it on a belt driven lathe. So I think it would work on the drill press.

Comment

If you want really precise drilling, don't think drill press, think milling machine. A Bridgeport, with an Accurite or an Anilam DRO, a fixture or jig, and lots of clamps, you can do pretty much anything. Mills tend to be more robust than a drill press of similar weight.

If you want to drill a square hole, that Y's halfway through, one hole spiraling elliptical, and the other curving triangular, I'd suggest a CNC EDM.

For metal work, nothing beats a mill.

I don't need to find myself. I'm always at my lathe.

Comment

got the answer, the one that I have, Cincinnati / Bickford 48" radial with about 100 bit up to 2 5/16" and a lot of reamers, going to sell it someday maybe soon.

Comment

I might be game for that.

Comment

Ryan, you will be the first one to know, at least you don't have that for to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by rooneysoccer View Post
                              Fellow Welding Guys and Gals:

We all know Miller makes the best welder in the world. Snap-0n, Mac, Matco, etc. makes a good wrench. I am going to buy a drill press and my research hasn't produced any results on a high quality drill press. Delta, JET, Dayton, Grizzly, Rockwell any others? In your opinion what's the best drill press out there? As for size I'm talking about the 3/4 to 1 hp. versions. Thanks in advance for your much needed info.
                              Wayne
                              Who makes a good drill press?

04-05-2004, 08:30 PM

Fellow Welding Guys and Gals:

We all know Miller makes the best welder in the world. Snap-0n, Mac, Matco, etc. makes a good wrench. I am going to buy a drill press and my research hasn't produced any results on a high quality drill press. Delta, JET, Dayton, Grizzly, Rockwell any others? In your opinion what's the best drill press out there? As for size I'm talking about the 3/4 to 1 hp. versions. Thanks in advance for your much needed info.

mschjone

I'm not sure what to say...? Maybe it's paying attention to small details I don't know? Pg.20.

Comment

Working...
                              X