trailblazer 302 blown engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailblazer 302 blown engine

I am so upset right now. My 302's motor blew up, the con rod of course just like all the other ones. I knew about the issue, I changed the oil with full synthetic every 100 hours a lot of the times it was 90 hours. Changed plugs, both fuel filters, and air filter every single oil change, I went way above what was required in fear of it not lasting. At 1500 hrs it started burning a bit more oil and then got worse. Almost 1/2 litre every 10hrs run time. Took it to a kohler dealer and they said it was normal. 3400 hours it blows up, owned it for 6 years. I paid 4500 canadian and now a new one is $7500!!! Looking for recommendations on what I should do. Buy a new motor and have it installed? If I do that with the generator having 3400 hours on it how much longer is that going to last as an estimate? Couldn't come at a worse time.
    Last edited by Stixx; 05-04-2018, 11:14 PM.

1/2L every 10hrs run time normal?! I'd say that Kohler dealer/tech threw a rod too.

Are you mechanically inclined? Could likely rebuild the original for less than having a complete new engine installed. That's if itsimply broke a rod and didn't damage the block and other components. I'd run the numbers including having the block bored if necessary.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
    http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
      1/2L every 10hrs run time normal?! I'd say that Kohler dealer/tech threw a rod too.
      I was thinking the same thing...Bob
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Working...
      X