Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's manufacturer of John Deere 295 Stick welder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's manufacturer of John Deere 295 Stick welder?

Was wondering in anyone knew who made the John Deere 295 amp AC arc / stick welder. I came across one at a sale. It's like a large battery booster design on wheels like a movable battery booster...just bigger.
    I searched what I could on the net and perhaps it was made by Century for John Deere...anyone confirm?
    Is this style a decent machine? I was looking for something to build a car trailer.. and a used machine would be fine. What's this 295 AC unit worth typically?
    It has a date code of 020885 , which I expect means Feb 8, 1985 as a date of manufacture.

Century and Schumacher are the big relabelers. Schumacher is the same family as the top fuel driver and they make ok machinery, but I am not a fan of Century at all. Can't say for certain.

Comment

Looks like this if anyone has an idea on a similar brand..you pull the knob to release the dial so you can turn up the amps...then push the knob back in.
      Attached Files

Comment

It loks more like it might be made by Marquette, but Century is still a possibility. It does not look like the Century badged welder I used to sell.

Comment

I used to sell marquette models that were made by schumacher the design looks similar to schumacher. That would be my bet, but I have no proof of that.

Comment

Thanks for posting some info. I'll keep those brands in mind... I may call John Deere dealer and ask them if they know anything about them yet too.

Comment

Working...
            X