Ordered new MM210 Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered new MM210 Today

Well, after living with an old 115v off-brand MIG for the last 4-5 years, I decided earlier this year I was going to buy a nice 230v MIG machine. I've been following the threads on the net for awhile now. I've been reading and re-reading specs till I was blue in the face and, today, I finally did it: I ordered me a new MM210....just hope I did the right thing.
    My buddy has an older MM251 and I went over to his place and ran a few stringers with it....man, I liked it. But the 251 is way more machine than I would ever really need. Actually, the 210 is also, but I figure it allows for growth and appears to be the best all round machine for me...... I guess I'm fixing to find out here shortly....

MM210 w/3035 Spooler
    Stars & Stripes BWE signed by Andy

TA185TSW w/Miller Radiator 1
    Miller Spectrum 125C
    Victor O/A
    Parker Plasma 40

I am sure you will find the MM210 to be a great machine, I sure do mine.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

you will love it. It is my first welder and I have to say it is money very well spent.
      MM210 w/3035
      Next up - Sync 200

Comment

You will absolutely love it!

Comment

CONGRATS!
          The MM210 is one sweet welder!
          Welcome to the site. Keep us posted.
          Bulldog
          5 Passport Pluses
          2 MM 212's
          MM 210
          MM 251 MIA
          MM 350 P w/Python
          Syncrowave 250
          w/ tig runner
          Trailblazer 302
          12RC w/meters
          Spectrum 1000
          Spectrum 2050
          2 Black BWEs
          Joker BWE
          Star & stripe BWE Digital
          2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
          CUMMINS BABY

Comment

You won't be disapointed if you liked the 251, the 210 is as good just not quite the horsepower. I have had my MM 210 for 3 1/2 years and am still impressed with it. And it keeps making me money. I paid for it in 3 months with occasional use.
            The 210 is not an expense, it is an investment!

Comment

Yes, your going to like that, great machine I really like mine

Comment

Congratulations on the new welder.
                Grab some clean scrap and let'er rip.

Did you get the spool gun deal?
                Did you order it off the web, or through a local dealer?
                What types of gas do you plan to run?
                What size and type wire are you going to use?

Have fun!

Miles-of-Smiles
                GRINDER

Comment

I agree with all above and as you most likely did I read the board for quite some time. You will LOVE the MM210. One thing that I got from the posts that I read was to "buy the biggest you can afford". I figured it should be the last mig machine I ever buy as I don't weld for a living. Also going from a 110 machine will require patience and practice, but learning to use it is BIG fun!!

Good luck, and enjoy!
                  Jim
                  MM210
                  HH140
                  Maxstar 150STH
                  Dream it list:
                  Blue Plasma cutter
                  Spool gun

Comment

Money well spent! I got mine about a year ago, never any regrets. body work to fabrication, great all around machine. Have fun! And keep us posted on what you think of it. ( Bet you look for things to weld now! )
                    250NT/ 3545 MM210/ 3035 Trailblazer 302

Comment

Originally posted by GRINDER
                      Did you get the spool gun deal?
                      Did you order it off the web, or through a local dealer?
                      What types of gas do you plan to run?
                      What size and type wire are you going to use?
                      GRINDER
                      I just bought the welder without the spool gun for now. I will probably add it down the road as I like the idea of having that spooler right there on demand. I really want to see how this machine is going to work out for what I do around here first. I run a small farming operation, restore old muscle cars, automotive work, and of course there are quite a few outside welding jobs (I never advertised over the years that I can weld, but they just keep showing up...seems like more and more of it lately too).
                      I need this particular machine to be quite versatile....we will see what it's capable of here shortly. Actually, my biggest concern is will it turn down low enough to do light automotive sheetmetal? (I kept the little 115v MIG just in case as it just flat loves light sheetmetal; just not heavy enough for most of the other work.... ). I have absolutely no doubts what the 210 can do on the high side after running my buddy's 251 the other day....should be sweet.
                      For sheetmetal, I run .024" E70S-6 wire with 25% mix gas. Heavier stuff, I run .030" and the same gas. It's pretty rare that I use flux core...unless I know I'm gonna be outside in a situation where the gas ain't gonna get it....ie: unprotected, real windy, etc. I've done it a few times, wasn't crazy about the visual results of the welds, but they held up ok. I really prefer the less splatter and the smoothness that running with gas gives.
                      I bought it off the web (cyberweld)... I've bought a couple of machines from them over the years, including the plasma cutter. They've always had the best price and treated me fairly....

MM210 w/3035 Spooler

Miller Spectrum 125C
                      Victor O/A
                      Parker Plasma 40

Comment

You're going to have a tough time finding a unit that performs better on light ga sheetmetal, because performance wise,the 210 is excellent on automotive sheet metal, with an .023 solid wire and C-25 gas. The machine comes from the factory set up to run .030/.035. To run .023 on the unit, you'll need to at least order the .023 drive rolls and .023 contact tip. I ve ran .023 thru the factory installed gun liner and didn t experience any feeding issues, however, I didn t do this for a lengthy period so you might end up needing the .023 gun liner too. A second gun with the .023 liner installed is also an option to consider. BTW, the .030 performance on automotive sheet metal thicknessses is very good on this unit too.

Comment

Thanks Dan....
                          That is re-assuring. I knew in advance that I would have to switch driver rollers, tips and liner in order to run the smaller wire. Although you're the 3rd person I've talked to thats mentioned using the larger liner with the smaller wire, and all have said they've not had a problem at all doing it. For peak efficiency, it is recommended that the proper liner be used with the proper wire....
                          I've also entertained the thought of using the spooler option for different wire size rather than just for it's aluminum capabilities......

MM210 w/3035 Spooler

Miller Spectrum 125C
                          Victor O/A
                          Parker Plasma 40

Comment

Originally posted by lgjhn
                            Thanks Dan....
                            That is re-assuring. I knew in advance that I would have to switch driver rollers, tips and liner in order to run the smaller wire. Although you're the 3rd person I've talked to thats mentioned using the larger liner with the smaller wire, and all have said they've not had a problem at all doing it. For peak efficiency, it is recommended that the proper liner be used with the proper wire....
                            I've also entertained the thought of using the spooler option for different wire size rather than just for it's aluminum capabilities......

Some guns feed better then others. The MM185 (stock liner) I had would not feed .023 wire at all, even with a 10 ft M-15 gun. The arc was horrible. My friend at Airgas could never get one to run right with .023 either.
                            I put my little Lincoln gun on it and it ran really nice. Lets put it this way, I kind wish my passort was half as good as the MM185 was with .023 wire.
                            I really like .023 wire better when trying to weld super thin autobody type stuff. It leaves a way smaller bead to grind and wets out better then .030
                            I only have used two inverters migs that matched the .023 welding of most of the run of the mill rectifer type machines. Also one semi inverter PM 300 that did a good job when I put the same little Lincoln gun on it. One of the inverters matched the rectified machines and the other surpassed them all by far. It's like tig welding with a mig gun. I still own that machine and the rest are down the road. That said, I run .035 in that machine and .030 in the passport, which works fine for anything I need to do with it.

Enjoy your machine, and remember it can out weld most really high dollar units with .023 wire.

Comment

Originally posted by lgjhn

That is what I am doing. Just ordered the 3035 last night from B&R. I'll have to get the .023 rolls and tips ordered some day. I don't like the thought of swapping out the 12" spool al the time just to do a quick job with a different wire. <enter spoolgun> Problem solved!
                              Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                              '06 12RC feeder
                              Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                              Esab Multimaster 260
                              Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Working...
                              X