Is the WC-24 a right fit for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the WC-24 a right fit for me?

I have the trailblazer (325 EFI w/ Excel Power), and an inverter tig welder (2016 AHP AlphaTig 200x). The plan is to start a mobile welding business with an enclosed trailer. Im looking into getting a WC-24 but i recently discovered what the name meant. Weld Control 24VAC. Does this mean it only runs up to 24 volts? Or everything over 24 volts? The problem is, im gonna be running everything from 16 gage steel to 1" steel and 1/8" aluminum to 1" aluminum. Sounds ridiculous but its a fishing town and a cargo port. I was supposed to get a spoolmatic 30A with the WC-24 to run aluminum, hardwire steel, fluxcore, and stainless spools, but now im confused. Can someone explain to me what the wc-24 is good for and what voltages it runs? If its not a good fit, then whats a better alternative? Maybe theres an off brand cheaper alternative? Thanks for the input, much appreciated.
    Starts
    01-14-2018
    Ends
    01-14-2018

Without it the spoolgun won't work
    You need it or possibly a WC-115A might work but it costs even more.
    Look for used to save money maybe.
    You could use that money towards getting a better power source and a push-pull setup too

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by Winter Welding View Post
      ...Can someone explain to me what the wc-24 is good for and what voltages it runs?...
      It's the Weld Control to hook up the spoolgun. The 24 volts is the nominal voltage supplied by your Trailblazer to power the control. It has nothing to do with the welding current or voltage. Older controls used a nominal 115 V.

I had the first Trailblazer 301G with a 115 V control circuit because I was still using an ancient wirefeeder that used it. Miller had just finished designing an updated control board for the TB that would also provide the legacy control voltage for dinosaurs like me in addition to the 24 V it already did; so they mailed it to me and I replaced the board in my machine. The multi-pin remote receptacle on your machine was already designed for both, and many other things, on different pins.

Short story, get a WC-24 for the modern stuff, though.

Comment

Working...
      X