Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook county cummins
    replied
    My fluke only measures capacitance to the .0x if i put it on manual, if i leave it on auto it displays 2 for both of them so until i get a better meter on them wont know for sure if they are good or not but i may go up and buy another 330 for cheap and see what the caps look like in that one

Leave a comment:

• Bushytails
    replied
    The post above is missing a zero. The miller part number is 10kV.

This site has an impressive assortment of them:
    https://www.surplussales.com/capacit...sB-E-CCap.html
    ... But the high voltage ones are just as much as the miller part.

These are only 5kV, while the miller part number is 10kV, but I don't know how high it's actually running them:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Aerovox-...d/253174549692

Leave a comment:

• jjohn76
    replied
    Are you able to measure the capacitance on those capacitors?

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Yup, that’s what mine look like. More schmoo on mine though.

Leave a comment:

• Cook county cummins
    replied
    Sorry i just seen that the cheap cap is one more 0. I read it as .0024 not .00024 so yes that will not work, but im going to keep searching

Leave a comment:

• Cook county cummins
    replied
    Heres the pic of the dripping from the caps going to remove and inspect behind maybe they were already replaced

Leave a comment:

• Cook county cummins
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Mine have been like that for god only knows how long. Maybe they were replaced at one time, but it wasn’t by me. Sometimes mine has some trouble starting the arc as well. Just hadn’t had the inclination to make that repair or really look into just yet.
    Ryan your saying that the same mica capacitors in your machine have dripped resin? Ill have a pic up of mine in a sec

Leave a comment:

• jjohn76
    replied
    The 10x less capacitance is a bigger deal and may not work. The value of that capacitor is important because it is tuned for the HF coupling coil for the right frequency on the system.
    Last edited by jjohn76; 01-11-2021, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Mine have been like that for god only knows how long. Maybe they were replaced at one time, but it wasn’t by me. Sometimes mine has some trouble starting the arc as well. Just hadn’t had the inclination to make that repair or really look into just yet.

Leave a comment:

• Cook county cummins
    replied
    Yeah i get the .0004 difference but thats why im here to see if anyone smarter than i can confirm that it will work or that it wont.. currently the hi freq starts the arc just have to be pretty close for it to jump. It was just a quick test when i picked it up. Once i get everything cleaned and re set the gaps ill take pics tomorrow and post them up of the hard resin? That is/was drilping down the board from behind those caps on thr hi freq board

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    But that's the wrong value--it's .00024. The "4" on the end probably isn't a big deal, but it's ten times less capacitance that the .002 that's in there now--I would not go there.

Leave a comment:

• Cook county cummins
    replied
    $3.50 is alot better than $150 from miller

Leave a comment:

• Cook county cummins
    replied
    I was thinking of trying these

Leave a comment:

• Cook county cummins
    replied
    What was the new part # i just picked up a 330 with the same cap(2 of them on the hi freq board that are leaking) would like to replace them, the 330 starts an arc still but just would like to replace them as im sure its not long before they cause a problem

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Fantastic! Way easier than trying to adapt some other part.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X