Miller capacitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller capacitor

Not having any luck finding capacitor 31-602. Anyone know where one can be found?

Tried miller4less.com?
    Ebay?

Comment

Did you try calling miller tech support maybe they could get you the values and you could order one from a supplier?

Comment

http://miller4less.com/advanced_sear...=13&search.y=6

$100 each. The values are there, too, if you want to try to cross reference with something else.

Comment

Mica, .002 mfd, 1000 volts according to Miller4less. Depending on the mechanical mounting, you may be able to find something at Mouser, Allied Electronics, Digikey, or even a place like Marlin P. Jones occasionally has something like that. Also try Fair Radio Sales, (Lima, OH) and Mendelson's (Dayton, OH) --that is a value that might also be used in a large transmitter. Unlike electrolytics, mica caps don't generally fail from age
          (unless they are oil filled and spring a leak) , so I would not be afraid of buying one from surplus.
          Last edited by Aeronca41; 01-11-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

If you can figure out how to mount it, you could try this one from Fair Radio--.002 at 20KV. First item on the page. Seems it should work, but I'm not a welder expert. For 10 bucks, it may be worth a try. Just be sure you have someone who understands high voltage circuits help mount and wire it; not a job for a novice. Could be dangerous if done incorrectly.

https://fairradio.com/capacitors/hig...ge-capacitors/

Comment

Thank to all talked with miller tech found it same cap different #

Comment

Nice !hopefully your melting some metal soon,keep us posted .D

Comment

Fantastic! Way easier than trying to adapt some other part.

Comment

What was the new part # i just picked up a 330 with the same cap(2 of them on the hi freq board that are leaking) would like to replace them, the 330 starts an arc still but just would like to replace them as im sure its not long before they cause a problem

Comment

I was thinking of trying these

Comment

$3.50 is alot better than $150 from miller

Comment

But that's the wrong value--it's .00024. The "4" on the end probably isn't a big deal, but it's ten times less capacitance that the .002 that's in there now--I would not go there.

Comment

Yeah i get the .0004 difference but thats why im here to see if anyone smarter than i can confirm that it will work or that it wont.. currently the hi freq starts the arc just have to be pretty close for it to jump. It was just a quick test when i picked it up. Once i get everything cleaned and re set the gaps ill take pics tomorrow and post them up of the hard resin? That is/was drilping down the board from behind those caps on thr hi freq board

Comment

Mine have been like that for god only knows how long. Maybe they were replaced at one time, but it wasn’t by me. Sometimes mine has some trouble starting the arc as well. Just hadn’t had the inclination to make that repair or really look into just yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X