Miller dialarc hf-p gas issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller dialarc hf-p gas issue

Having an issue getting gas to flow when I scratch start. If I turn the contactor control to remote the gas valve opens so the valve is working?? I'm new to this so it could be operator error I appreciate any help thanks

You'll have to activate the foot pedal to get the gas solenoid to open....that's my guess. You need to look up the user's manual for your machine. That will probably help you a lot.

Comment

Agreed.

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts

Comment

I don’t have a foot pedal. Will the gas valve work in standard or only in Remote with a foot pedal?

Comment

I don't know for sure about your machine, the manual will though. My sort-of-kind-of-similar in style machine works that way. I can't imagine a setting on there that would open the gas solenoid without some sort of remote device telling it to open.

What are you trying to accomplish? If it's simply scratch start, you would not want to flow your argon through the machine's gas system anyway. You need a simple "valve" style torch and run the argon hose straight off the gas flow meter.

Comment

Working...
          X