• Show
Clear All

• xryan
    replied
    MultiMatic 200

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    211 or 215 would work for 1/4" no problem. I've done 1/2" by way of a a double-V bevel, and multiple passes. The M100 mig gun was smoking, but it did not compromise it. Still works, but I now use an HTP M25 250A mig gun.

Leave a comment:

• eecervantes83
    replied
    211✓

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    I have a 211 autoset............Great machine.......in the shop or take it along........I have a 225 Bobcat on the service truck......so good to go 120 or 240.. and although I like arc welding in the field , sometimes the Mig on long runs works really well...........I've used both gas and flux core...outside in the right conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Crepe Myrtle Farmer
    replied
    MM211 is an option --- I have one, luv it. Mine seems to do just fine out in the field in "windy" conditions (flux core).

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Depends on what and where you're welding. Don't count out dual shield. I like dual shield. With the 200 and 215 you have the tig and stick option as well.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisV
    replied
    Thanks for the quick response. Would you run gas or flux core?

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Multimatic, MM211 and MM215 are all contenders as they're light enough to haul around. They will all be limited by input power if 120v is your only choice on site.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Multimatic 200

Leave a comment:

• ChrisV
    started a topic MIG for on-site?

MIG for on-site?

Hi All,
    Most of our welding is done in the shop but once and while we have to go out in the field to do some welding for installtions. Looking for a portable MIG unit that could do up to 1/4” Steel. Any suggestions appreciated.
Working...
X