Going up North for the Eclipse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going up North for the Eclipse.

And I suddenly realized that the best way to watch the Eclipse was through my Miller a Digital Elite helmet. I tried it at lunchtime looking at the sun and it is way better than looking through my $3 disposable eclipse plastic things, just turn up the sensitivity an pop it on your head.
    So if any of you welders out there are going to be watching the event, you already have the best viewing device for the event.
    Just thought I would share this with you.
    Cheers,
    James.

I had been trying to find some glasses until I saw this thread. I'm going to try it with my Speedglas hood. Great idea.

Comment

Be careful using solar viewing glasses.
      This article is just one of many warnings about dangerous solar glasses being sold or distributed for free.
      Do a web search for safe versions.
      Reputable vendors or other reliable sources will have the ISO logo
      and a statement attesting to their ISO 12312-2 compliance listed with their products.

Be safe

Vanderbilt University recalls thousands of eclipse viewing glasses
      Aug 17th 2017 4:21PM

Vanderbilt University is recalling 8,000 pairs of eclipse glasses after university medical center officials could not
      confirm the manufacturer.

The reported protective glasses were distributed at the Williamson County Fair, as there's a mad rush for eclipse
      glasses among people eager to see the August 21st coast to coast eclipse.

Vanderbilt's recall comes shortly after Amazon revealed it’s cracking down on eclipse glasses manufacturers who
      are selling “counterfeit or unsafe versions.”

In a statement Vanderbilt University Medical Center said of the recalled glasses, “The safety of the public is our
      highest concern. Do NOT use them to view the eclipse.”

The university has started handing out approved replacement glasses.
      Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Not having that ISO stamp doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't safe or are dangerous. Just means they don't have the stamp. Genuine testing would prove their qualifications or lack of.

Comment

HERE is a link to a NASA page telling the safe way to view the eclipse
          Richard
          West coast of Florida

Comment

Working...
          X