Making Furniture From Horseshoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Furniture From Horseshoes

I`m a farrier looking to make a bit of extra money from the old shoes recycling them to make wine racks, furniture etc, examples of what i`m going to be making can be found at the link attached.

http://www.stableexpress.com/?T=Hors...0/%20Furniture

Was wondering what Miller welder would be best suited for this?

Any hints and tips would be grateful how to make them, or sell them especially the delivery side of things
    Last edited by mostyn harvey; 08-09-2017, 08:08 PM.

here are some more images of the stuff i am looking to make

Comment

Any welder would be fine. Its what machine you feel better using...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

Was looking at this one https://www.millerwelds.com/equipment/welders/mig-gmaw

Comment

That link just takes you to miller's 'index" page for mig welders. What model number are you looking at?

Comment

My neighbor's cowboy nephew made her a saguaro cactus sculpture of horseshoes using MIG. Well, we had some windy weather that bent it over. I volunteered to repair it for free. Dug it up and dragged to my garage and then welded it with my Maxstar 161 stick welder. First time I ever welded horseshoes. I learned that being so soft they are a joy to weld. Hence, for economy, simplicity, and user experience, I would go with stick.

Comment

That would be the most economical way to get going. You can pick up a used thunderbolt pretty cheap. A maxstar would be even better but probably a little more money.

Comment

Done tons of horse shoe work. Also shoed tons of horses.
                One thing to consider with small work like that and doing it your self is tacking and getting to stay. You can do it with stick but if your not welding every day it's hard to hold and tack in place. Mig is very easy to hold and tack. Also almost no splatter with mig and with stick you will hv more cleanup. Mig you can tack, weld and paint or beeswax even let rusty for some.
                Just my thought
                Greg

Comment

Working...
                X