Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Cust. Service ...... TIG Dept.

Hello Folks,
    I had a problem today with the Dyn. 200Dx and called Miller's cust. support number, was connected with a tech. by the name of Kirk. This tech spoke to me on a general level and made me feel like my comments AND questions were important concerning my problem. If anyone from Miller is watching this board, you've got a darn good emp. in Kirk.
    BTW the problem was a HEL P8 code while trying to TIG w the 200Dx and Kirk got me headed in the right direction for the warranty repairs.Hope to have it back from Bodine within the next week.
    Mike
    MACH4

Yeah, been meaning to make a call to pick their brain about the pulsing on my 200DX. I had heard Dave Fisher was good in that dept. also. Glad to see they were able to help you out and point you in the right direction..
    Wheat Stalker

Millermatic 210
    Dynasty 200DX
    Fisher CZ-5...CZ-3D..
    Trek 5500
    1966 Amphicar

Comment

I have had occasion to speak with Kirk a few times while trying to get my Maxstar 150 STL straightened out and can say that IMO Miller Tig service is fortunate to have him working there. In fact everyone I have ever spoken with at Miller and Hobart have treated me as though customer service is job one there.
      Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
      Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
      Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
      Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

It seems to make good biz sense to deal with problems quickly. I have seen companies fight, it must be out of habit and the fight has to cost more than the fix. They spend 500 to avoid a 50$ fix. Not only that but its bad PR. I have seen cases here or on Hobart where there was a problem with a new machine and so many times elsewhere there would be a canned response of haul it to the dealer. You can get a good feel, a couple of the customers diagnosed the problem, one that comes to mind was with a solonoid and the Expert had it in the mail there the next day. Now, thats good PR for sure but it also makes good sense if the problem is solved, the customer did all the diag, R&R without Miller even having to handle it at the loading dock. Probably saved them a hundred bucks in labor and they have a happy camper that could use the machine he bought 2 days ago, stuff happens, we know, but I thought it was cool. I seen another case where the dealer tried to charge for warranty work on a Hobart, were going to hold his machine hostage, all that was said was, "its taken care of". I know contractors that use the other method, never have the same customer twice. The amout of time they spend in court outweighs the cost of doing it right in the first place by a long shot.

Comment

I've had my 200dx for a couple of days, I had to take it in today for repair of the same thing- help code P8. Sounds like there could be a problem...
          http://groups.msn.com/ArcAlaskaWelding
          Dynasty 200DX
          mm350P,Trailblazer 301g
          Spoolmatic 30A
          R115, XR30A, SP32
          TD cutmaster 38 plaz
          PowCon 300sm w/feeder
          Lincoln Hi-Freq
          '05 Topkick Crew 4x4 Duramax Edge Juice w/Att 12' bed

Comment

Dave helped me out with info on my old 1976 econo twin. Got back with me three times in one day till I got everything I needed to know from him. I was very impressed and it went along way towards keeping me "BLUE" when I made my mig purchace and when I go to make my plasma purchase.

Kelly

Comment

Our TIG service department is on the money and everyone understands the product real well. Some of these techs actually spent time on the assy lines as testers or assemblers or in engineering. It's nice to have experienced people in service not just tech manual readers!

Andy

Comment

I posted this here many moons ago but feel it needs to be said again. I had a problem with a Miller AEA-200-L ,A/C welder, 1960 vintage. I called Miller and they helped me as if it was the latest model.

I have three welders and they are blue. Dedicated help like that deserves customer loyalty.

My hat is off to Miller.

Comment

One of the product managers said it best: "We (Miller) are in the business of developing and maintaining relationships".

Comment

Miller customer service

I saw this post and had to reply. I'm the shop foreman at a small custom iron fab shop. My boss, who is also the owner, relies on me to make decisions on product and equipment purchases. We're true and pure blue because a Miller is what I learned on and all I own and will own. Dave Fisher was the guy calling me when 2 sets of our Diamondbacks went south. He immediately called California and had 2 new sets of torches overnighted for us, as well as call ticketed the 2 bad ones back to ITW to do research. By bragging so much about Miller this, Miller that, my boss was ready to let me know how he felt about my decisions to buy only Miller. And when Dave took care of everything and had us back up and running the next day at UPS delivery time, he saved me from some serious heckling. I hope all that read this rest assured that the Miller techs are on it when needed! Our district rep can take a leap, but that's a different thread. tigguy

Comment

To Cary

Originally posted by Sberry
                      It seems to make good biz sense to deal with problems quickly. I have seen companies fight, it must be out of habit and the fight has to cost more than the fix. They spend 500 to avoid a 50$ fix. Not only that but its bad PR. I have seen cases here or on Hobart where there was a problem with a new machine and so many times elsewhere there would be a canned response of haul it to the dealer. You can get a good feel, a couple of the customers diagnosed the problem, one that comes to mind was with a solonoid and the Expert had it in the mail there the next day. Now, thats good PR for sure but it also makes good sense if the problem is solved, the customer did all the diag, R&R without Miller even having to handle it at the loading dock. Probably saved them a hundred bucks in labor and they have a happy camper that could use the machine he bought 2 days ago, stuff happens, we know, but I thought it was cool. I seen another case where the dealer tried to charge for warranty work on a Hobart, were going to hold his machine hostage, all that was said was, "its taken care of". I know contractors that use the other method, never have the same customer twice. The amout of time they spend in court outweighs the cost of doing it right in the first place by a long shot.
                      Reminds me of a old saying,,,Excuses are like a holes,everyone has one and they all stink!!!!!!!!Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X