Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I used to have so much fun building antennas and skip wave and completely screwing up CW but trying like the devil to do SOMETHING. I actually think I had more fun on 11 meters SSB than anything else. My skills with radio equipment and the like really helped me when was my XO's RTO in the army. I made some pretty mean two-niner-twos (it's a field expedient antenna made with claymore wire, 550 cord, 100 mph tape and MRE spoons) that saved our butts a couple of times.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by KB7CG View Post

Thanks, I'll give them a call Monday What a great source of information this site is!

chuck
    Bet they can resolve it quickly.... Miller has some great support folks

Leave a comment:

• xryan
    replied
    So, KB7CG and H80N where do they keep the reverse engineered UFO craft and what about the aliens who have a base out there...ever get to meet any of them? 

I know, I know, you could tell us, but then you'd have to kill us. 

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    . Really.... as in S1 and S4 ?
    we were in the Sandia areas ..... lots of Davis gun shots into the lake bed (Groom).....among other things....

you were probably on the Dreamland side....???
    Last edited by H80N; 06-11-2017, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KB7CG
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Figured as much. When I moved here to Beaumont, not much in the way of goings on with any local HAM groups, never even really unpacked my gear. Still sitting in the box. I've taken it out a few times, but never got my station back up and going. Used to use the phone patch all the time in high school. But that was before the cell phone. Need something to stir the urge again I suppose.
    I know what you mean Ryan... I was hot and heavy in UHF & VHF for years and years. Being an EE I was on the tech committees did more than my share of mountain topping, and tower climbing... the magic moment was one weekend, my grandson's High School Graduation was taking place, and I wanted to be there... one of the UHF repeaters took a dump, and some of the club members got really ticked off at me, because I wouldn't drive the 50 (100 round trip) miles to run up there to fix it... words were exchanged... after that, I really got burnt out, dropped out of all the clubs, and boxed up all the gear. I keep an HF skid every Sunday with my uncle on 15 meters, but that's the extent of my Haming now.

Leave a comment:

• KB7CG
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post

I used to spend a fair amount of time in Nev...... Tonopah (TTR)
    . Really.... as in S1 and S4 ?

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Figured as much. When I moved here to Beaumont, not much in the way of goings on with any local HAM groups, never even really unpacked my gear. Still sitting in the box. I've taken it out a few times, but never got my station back up and going. Used to use the phone patch all the time in high school. But that was before the cell phone. Need something to stir the urge again I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied

Thanks. HOZ... I checked both the FCC webpage and QRZ ... both have me down as good till 3/14/2026... not sure what you were looking at, but thanks for checking anyway... out of sight, out of mind!

Kc5hoz
    Ryan's KC5HOZ is the one lapsed

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied

Thanks, I'll give them a call Monday What a great source of information this site is!

chuck
    I used to spend a fair amount of time in Nev...... Tonopah (TTR)

Leave a comment:

• KB7CG
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    Monday you can contact Miller Plasma tech support - 920-735-4356 or 1-800-4-A-Miller (1-800-426-4553)

there some excellent techs to help troubleshoot.........

chuck

Leave a comment:

• KB7CG
    replied
    H80N... I like your Morgan... I have a pair of " B's" and 59 A (not running, project car... as if I need another project!... ) would love a Three wheeler but can't afford it. There are a couple here in the S. Nevada area, I see them once in a while.
    chuck

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Monday you can contact Miller Plasma tech support - 920-735-4356 or 1-800-4-A-Miller (1-800-426-4553)

there are some excellent techs to help troubleshoot.........they have the service diags online
    Last edited by H80N; 06-10-2017, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KB7CG
    replied
    Originally posted by Meltedmetal View Post

qrz says your license has expired if your not aware, time to renew.
    Thanks. HOZ... I checked both the FCC webpage and QRZ ... both have me down as good till 3/14/2026... not sure what you were looking at, but thanks for checking anyway... out of sight, out of mind!

Leave a comment:

• KB7CG
    replied
    I'll have to check that out, been a while since I looked at it, thanks HOZ...

WELL... it wasn't the consumables ... stopped after work yesterday, and bought all new everything... still doing the exact same thing. Cut about two inches into 1/4 plate... POP. No more cutting ... looking at the schematic I see there are one or two time delay fuses. I'm going to order replacements and try it again.
    thanks everyone for the suggestions,

chuck

Leave a comment:

• Meltedmetal
    replied
    Kc5hoz
    qrz says your license has expired if your not aware, time to renew.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X