Question for one of you Pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for one of you Pros

I purchased a used 675 X tream Plasma machine. Connected to 220V and 80 to 90 psi air. Say I try to cut a 1/4 in plate with it, I get maybe one or two inches into the cut, everything seems fine, then a loud "pop" and the arc goes out. Air is still flowing, but no cutting. And it usually won't restart right away.

very frustrating

is it me or the machine? I'm a newb, with absolutely no experience, but I want to learn.

Originally posted by KB7CG View Post
    I purchased a used 675 X tream Plasma machine. Connected to 220V and 80 to 90 psi air. Say I try to cut a 1/4 in plate with it, I get maybe one or two inches into the cut, everything seems fine, then a loud "pop" and the arc goes out. Air is still flowing, but no cutting. And it usually won't restart right away.

very frustrating

is it me or the machine? I'm a newb, with absolutely no experience, but I want to learn.
    Could you post the serial number so we can look at correct docs....??

Are you sure that was 675...??? Not 625...................???
    Last edited by H80N; 06-08-2017, 07:32 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Sorry you are right, it is a 625... I will get SN here shortly, thanks for your reply

Comment

What is the condition of your consumables on the tip? Do you have spares?

Comment

Thanks to the forum, I found the manual, which I didn't have, and fount a list of consumables, again none of which I had.. it's the ICE 40T handle. I'll go down to the local Miller dealer tomorrow and pickup a replacement package, along with a replacement internal air filter element.

All this equipment, including the welders belong to my Dad, who passed away three years ago. Everything has been sitting in his garage/workshop since his death, and I know nothing has been touched in that time, and maybe longer.

ill post again, once I've changed everything out.

charlie

Comment

And read how to operate it before you proceed as well !!!

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300
            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Chuck....

Sorry you lost your dad..

glad you got a manual ..... hopefully the version that matches your serial number....

being a radio ham you have electronics background

Welcome Aboard.....

BTW....... Nice Spridget..
              Last edited by H80N; 06-09-2017, 09:29 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Kc5hoz

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                  Kc5hoz
                  Good on you Ryan.................

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                    Kc5hoz
                    qrz says your license has expired if your not aware, time to renew.
                    ---Meltedmetal

Comment

I'll have to check that out, been a while since I looked at it, thanks HOZ...

WELL... it wasn't the consumables ... stopped after work yesterday, and bought all new everything... still doing the exact same thing. Cut about two inches into 1/4 plate... POP. No more cutting ... looking at the schematic I see there are one or two time delay fuses. I'm going to order replacements and try it again.
                      thanks everyone for the suggestions,

chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Meltedmetal View Post

qrz says your license has expired if your not aware, time to renew.
                        Thanks. HOZ... I checked both the FCC webpage and QRZ ... both have me down as good till 3/14/2026... not sure what you were looking at, but thanks for checking anyway... out of sight, out of mind!

Comment

Monday you can contact Miller Plasma tech support - 920-735-4356 or 1-800-4-A-Miller (1-800-426-4553)

there are some excellent techs to help troubleshoot.........they have the service diags online
                          Last edited by H80N; 06-10-2017, 02:50 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

H80N... I like your Morgan... I have a pair of " B's" and 59 A (not running, project car... as if I need another project!... ) would love a Three wheeler but can't afford it. There are a couple here in the S. Nevada area, I see them once in a while.
                            chuck

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                              Monday you can contact Miller Plasma tech support - 920-735-4356 or 1-800-4-A-Miller (1-800-426-4553)

there some excellent techs to help troubleshoot.........

Thanks, I'll give them a call Monday What a great source of information this site is!

chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X