Miller 300D has no power output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 300D has no power output

I have a 300D that I was welding with the other day and it just shut off. Checked all the fuses and circuit breakers and found no power to the hold in wire on the fuel solenoid. Engine will start but dies when then switch goes back to run position. Checked the oil pressure switch,ignition switch and the temp switch and they are functioning properly. The machine also has no power output to weld or auxiliary power output. Can anyone help give some more ideas that I can check?Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Someone should be able to help can you post the serial # of the machine .So we can check on the right manual .
    Welcome to the forum

Comment

Yes, a SN might prove helpful but check for a defective Engine Control Relay CR1 and confirm continuity from chassis ground to fuel gauge/hour meter module plug PLG1, pin 7 (wire# 54) which is the ground path for CR1.

Also check for an open circuit breaker CB3 which supplies battery (+) to CR1 for fuel pump and generator flashing voltage.
      Last edited by duaneb55; 03-14-2017, 09:43 AM.
      MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
      *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
      *HF-251D-1
      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
      PakMaster 100XL
      Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
      http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

Originally posted by Nbusbee View Post
        I have a 300D that I was welding with the other day and it just shut off. Checked all the fuses and circuit breakers and found no power to the hold in wire on the fuel solenoid. Engine will start but dies when then switch goes back to run position. Checked the oil pressure switch,ignition switch and the temp switch and they are functioning properly. The machine also has no power output to weld or auxiliary power output. Can anyone help give some more ideas that I can check?Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        mine was the plug on the ignition switch

Comment

Working...
        X