X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder 975
    replied
    Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
    So how did you restore the main wire bundle to compensate for the part that was shredded away by the grinder?
    I didn't lose enough that I couldn't pull it back together and soldier back together

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    So how did you restore the main wire bundle to compensate for the part that was shredded away by the grinder?

Leave a comment:

• Flounder 975
    replied
    Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
    You could try dissecting a small portion to try to repair it So long as the inner gas tube was not damaged, then a repair might be possible. The trigger wires can be a small gauge, stranded wire pair. For the large current transfer copper bundle, you would have to restore the cross sectional area somehow (which could be done many ways) and wrap it all back up, so you can have the original current carrying capacity of the original wire bundle. Post up some clear close-ups.
    This is exactly what I did and everything is working fine. If it starts giving me trouble then I will take the gun apart and shorten the hose and fix it that way.
    Thanks the the input guys.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    The big cable has a lug on the end. The 2 small wires are trigger wires. And then the gas hose. Should be easy. I would just find a connector for the big wire and fix the 2 small trigger wires. No sense making it shorter if not needed...Bob

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    You could try dissecting a small portion to try to repair it So long as the inner gas tube was not damaged, then a repair might be possible. The trigger wires can be a small gauge, stranded wire pair. For the large current transfer copper bundle, you would have to restore the cross sectional area somehow (which could be done many ways) and wrap it all back up, so you can have the original current carrying capacity of the original wire bundle. Post up some clear close-ups.

Leave a comment:

• Flounder 975
    started a topic 150 Spool Mate Hose/Cable repair.

150 Spool Mate Hose/Cable repair.

First time posting here, but I have lurked ever since I got my Miller 211.
    Anyway I screwed up and let my grinder get to close to my hose and is nicked both the of the small wires and cut about 1/8-1/4 of the heavy copper wire. This damage is about 3' from my spool gun and I was wondering has anyone here ever cut and reattached the hose/cable to one of these spool guns. I haven taken the gun apart to see how it all connects yet to see if that is even an option.
    Hopefully someone on here has been there and done that
Working...
X