Miller Wp280 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Wp280 ?

Hello I am new to the Forum and my first question is what series is the wp280 torch. I Just bought a Dynasty 280dx with cooler complete kit to replace my syncrowave 210. All my Collets and cups etc do not fit my new torch. That's why I need to know what series this torch is so I can buy the collets I need to make all my furick cups ect. to work with it.

Thank You

Originally posted by Just Nick View Post
    Hello I am new to the Forum and my first question is what series is the wp280 torch. I Just bought a Dynasty 280dx with cooler complete kit to replace my syncrowave 210. All my Collets and cups etc do not fit my new torch. That's why I need to know what series this torch is so I can buy the collets I need to make all my furick cups ect. to work with it.

Thank You
    Am guessing you had a 17 series air cooled torch..... on your Sync 210

you will need to get consumables that fit the 9 & 20 series for your WP280 water cooled torch
    Last edited by H80N; 03-04-2017, 08:50 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Yes it was a 17 series and I also had a flex lock 150 aircooled torch from CK. I will be getting a water cooled Flex lock for this machine also. But I like how small the new torch is so I want to adapt all my consumables to it and now loose all that investment when I sell the sync.

So any 9 or 20 series collets and consumables will work for me to adapt all my old stuff to the new? And Thank You For replying

Comment

So any 9 or 20 series collets and consumables will work for me to adapt all my old stuff to the new? And Thank You For replying
        9/20 collets don't necessarily adapt 17 series torch parts for your wp280 torch. Cups for a 17 torch will not be adaptable as I have never seen adaptation in that direction (as opposed to using 9/20 cups on a 17 torch which they do make collet bodies for, called "stubby").

Quite simply, you're gonna need to buy 9/20 series collet bodies (because the threaded portion is different than 17 series), collets (because you now need shorter ones). You might be able to use your furick cup if it will go over the appropriate collets body and seats properly against the Teflon insulator.
        HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
        HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

Quite simply, you're gonna need to buy 9/20 series collet bodies (because the threaded portion is different than 17 series), collets (because you now need shorter ones). You might be able to use your furick cup if it will go over the appropriate collets body and seats properly against the Teflon insulator.
          YUP..... to clarify...... you will need 9/20 consumables

and write off or save the 17 series stuff for some possible future use
          Last edited by H80N; 03-04-2017, 09:10 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

You can probably take the #17 head off your old torch and screw it on to the end of your new handle. I swap a #9 torch head out with my #17 and back again pretty frequently. Then you can still use your old collets and collet bodies and stuff. A water cooled 20 uses the same parts as a #9. The #26 is the water cooled size of a 17? I think that's right.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
              You can probably take the #17 head off your old torch and screw it on to the end of your new handle. I swap a #9 torch head out with my #17 and back again pretty frequently. Then you can still use your old collets and collet bodies and stuff. A water cooled 20 uses the same parts as a #9. The #26 is the water cooled size of a 17? I think that's right.
              Do you have a modular torch that uses different heads with the same main torch body?
              HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
              HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
              HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
              HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I wish. Every time I need to change heads I have to slide the handle off and unscrew the head from the body. The 9 and 17 should swap out, no problem, just slows ya down.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                  I wish. Every time I need to change heads I have to slide the handle off and unscrew the head from the body. The 9 and 17 should swap out, no problem, just slows ya down.
                  That won't work with a water cooled torch. The WP18 is the water cooled version of the 17, but it uses the same consumables as the 17. Still wont work with the smaller power line of a 9/20 since the 18 uses a larger fitting.
                  HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                  HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                  HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                  HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

IMHO the W280 is a huge improvement over the 17...... enjoy it and forget about adapting your old parts

https://www.millerwelds.com/-/media/...f/a/ay30-0.pdf

https://www.millerwelds.com/accessor...kage-301251001

Last edited by H80N; 03-04-2017, 10:50 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

Yup, you're right Oscar. I was only talking about swapping the air cooled torch heads, that's all I have running at the moment, 17s and 9s.

Comment

the wp 280 is a very nice rig bit I would like to us my cups at least I think I got it figured out. I am going to order some gas lens from ck for the 9/20 series torch and I will be able to use my cups. Once I order the water cooled flex lock I will see if my old gas lens kits will work on it or not. Thank you all for teaching me a thing or two

Comment

Working...
                        X