No announcement yet.

Help me choose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old MM250 of mine has a pretty harsh arc and I can get some amazing balls of spatter built up on my nozzle, so I think I'll give it another shot and try it like you do.

Comment

Ryan,some years ago when I got my first MIG welder I did the same thing as you the first time I tried it. Ended up arriving at the approach FusionKing describes after the first try was such a disaster, and it works great. You will love the stuff.

Comment

Ryan, I love the nozzle dip. I always weld a practice weld at the start of the day to check settings and get the nozzle and every thing hot, then straight into the nozzle dip maybe about between 3/16" to 1/8" of an inch or so... just enough to get the front of the nozzle and end portion of the contact tip coated. The stuff goes to liquid immediately and starts dripping out. If it doesn't go to liquid, then I didn't get it hot enough. I then feed out a few inches of wire and snip it off since I don't want to start my weld with wire coated with the nozzle dip.

A few weeks ago, I thought I'd forgo the nozzle dip and tried some Hobart anti-spatter spray. Sprayed the end of the nozzle, maybe got to much in the nozzle, but welding was horrible after that. Popping like I had just changed my machine settings. Could not figure out what was going on... Then went back to nozzle dip and popping and everything it was doing went away... I will probably will just stay with the nozzle dip from now on.

Comment

Yup, you guys were right. Spent most of the day behind the hood and running .035 solid wire on some 3/8" fence panels for a local restaurant's outdoor seating area. Welded about two panels, got the settings dialed in, went for the tip dip. Not one single time did I have to stop and clean the nozzle yesterday. Smells pretty nasty, but it worked as good as I would have expected it to. I'm glad someone brought the tip dip topic up. So once again boys, a successful hijack of a thread!

Comment

Working...
          X