Millermatic 130 / no weld and wire feed power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 130 / no weld and wire feed power

I have an old Millermatic 130 in the shop here at work. It seems to have **** the bed here on me. Hopefully some of you guys in this fine forum can help me stay on the right track on figuring this issue out.
    I switch it on, the fan runs, the coil in CR1 activates, I am getting 24v from fan coil up to PC1 @ E & G.
    If I manually push in CR2 it will stay pulled in and wire motor will run. Potentiometer for wire speed is fine and changes motor speed. Is this a PC1 board failure?
    Last edited by Rich67; 02-24-2017, 12:58 PM.

can anyone help,,,, pretty please!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by Rich67 View Post
      I have an old Millermatic 130 in the shop here at work. It seems to have **** the bed here on me. Hopefully some of you guys in this fine forum can help me stay on the right track on figuring this issue out.
      I switch it on, the fan runs, the coil in CR1 activates, I am getting 24v from fan coil up to PC1 @ E & G.
      If I manually push in CR2 it will stay pulled in and wire motor will run. Potentiometer for wire speed is fine and changes motor speed. Is this a PC1 board failure?
      Please post your ser no so we can look at the right diagrams. Could be a PC1failure but could also be something with the gun or connections.

Comment

Presuming CR1 activates when the gun trigger is pulled, check for 24VAC at PC1 pins E (PLG2 position 5 - wire #5A) and K (PLG2 position 10 - wire 14A). Should get the same voltage at CR2 coil terminals on the same wire #s.

If CR1 activates with no 24VAC at CR2 coil, it's likely CR1 contacts are bad or may have an open solder connection on PC1.
        MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
        Syncrowave 180 SD
        Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
        *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
        *HF-251D-1
        *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
        PakMaster 100XL
        Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
        http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

serial # KG059893 - nothing happens when the gun trigger is pulled. CR1 only activates when power switch is turned on and fan runs. I get no power at pins E & K on PLG2 with or without trigger pulled

Comment

Working...
          X