No announcement yet.

MM252 won't feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A neighbor I was very fond of asked to borrow a very old farm tractor with loader. Many people don't understand these things aren't bulldozers. Minutes later I could hear in the distance, loud clanging. Boulders, (4' in diameter) were poking up through his lawn. He's getting a running start and hitting them at speed to knock them out of the lawn. He never borrowed anything again!

I'm a slow learner, I know. Nobody will take care of my things but me.

Willie
    Dynasty 280DX
    Bobcat 250
    MM252
    Spool gun
    Twentieth Century 295
    Twentieth Century 295 AC
    Marquette spot welder
    Smith torches

Comment

I borrowed a pipe vice from a friend a few years ago. I snapped that sap sucker clean in two. When I returned the vice, it was repaired and looked better than when he let me take it with me AND it was accompanied by an identical one, brand new and still on the box.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post
        ... if you barrow something, return it re-lubed, gas tank full of gas, cleaner than when you received it, and fix anything within reason that might be in need of repair.
        My thoughts exactly

I borrowed my wife's cousin's brush mower for a while when we were cleaning up a vacant lot. It was returned with a fresh oil change, new spark plug and air filter, full tank of gas with fuel stabilizer mixed properly, and a new pack of brush mower string.
        His reply was I can borrow things anytime, since I took better care of it than he did.
        I had it garage kept while he normally stored it under just a carport.

Comment

You a good man to loan, don't do that anymore it cost to much, I am like some of the fellow on here when I did borrow it was in better shape than when I returned it, that is the mark of appreciation.

Comment

Originally posted by clint738 View Post

My thoughts exactly

I borrowed my wife's cousin's brush mower for a while when we were cleaning up a vacant lot. It was returned with a fresh oil change, new spark plug and air filter, full tank of gas with fuel stabilizer mixed properly, and a new pack of brush mower string.
            His reply was I can borrow things anytime, since I took better care of it than he did.
            I had it garage kept while he normally stored it under just a carport.
            Clint the problem today is boys and young men are not taught to take care of their own things much less anyone elses, they put things away dirty and broken for the next guy that comes along to fix. I once tried to barrow a trailer, when I got there the lights didn't work and the tongue jack was flopping around like a fish out of water so I didn't use it.. I don't allow many people to barrow my stuff. My son and sils are the only ones that can barrow tools from me.

Comment

Originally posted by tackit View Post

the problem today is boys and young men are not taught to take care of their own things much less anyone elses, they put things away dirty and broken for the next guy that comes along to fix.
              tackit, I completely agree with you. No longer do they have the same level of respect for people or those people's property as their parents and grand parents once did.

Comment

Working...
              X