No announcement yet.

Buying a used/refurb 350p any year to stay away from / push pull gun opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a used/refurb 350p any year to stay away from / push pull gun opinions

im going to look at a 350p it has been refurbished today, the shop is good, is there any year 350p's that have bugs o stay away from? and this machine I think has had some new board or boards installed this month so would new boards update the machine and not have the bugs to worry about, I will be using this for steel and putting he alumapro gun on?

also, for aluminum, I've read that the pulse will not work with a spool gun, only with the push pull gun, so im leaning to the alumapro push pull over a spool gun, a couple more opinions on that would be nice, should I stick with the 15ft cable length, or will the 25ft run thin wire fine, for aluminum I will mostly be doing .125 thickness so im assuming ill mostly be using .035 wire (i don't think it will run .030 anyhow)

Also I will be learning to mig with this machine, I've been told this is a pretty technical machine to learn with, I can use my tig machine (Im no pro)

thanks for your help

I'm not sure there is any year to stay away from, but I feel newer is better, just to iron out a few (if any) bugs. Sometimes new boards are designed to overcome issues. This is very general though. Hard to say in your case.
    I will say with certainty, pulse and all the tuning capabilities do work with the spoolgun.
    I will also say that once you use the push-pull, that spoolgun will be a dust collector. After that the spoolgun only has one advantage....you can leave it hooked up and switch back and forth from the steel whip to the spool gun simply by pulling the trigger on the gun you prefer, if they have separate gas cylinders. The push-pull is much smoother and the wire comes out straighter and more controllable.
    Get the 25ft unless all you're doing is sitting at a workbench beside your machine. You won't regret it.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
      I'm not sure there is any year to stay away from, but I feel newer is better, just to iron out a few (if any) bugs. Sometimes new boards are designed to overcome issues. This is very general though. Hard to say in your case.
      I will say with certainty, pulse and all the tuning capabilities do work with the spoolgun.
      I will also say that once you use the push-pull, that spoolgun will be a dust collector. After that the spoolgun only has one advantage....you can leave it hooked up and switch back and forth from the steel whip to the spool gun simply by pulling the trigger on the gun you prefer, if they have separate gas cylinders. The push-pull is much smoother and the wire comes out straighter and more controllable.
      Get the 25ft unless all you're doing is sitting at a workbench beside your machine. You won't regret it.
      Thanks, we did find out his does not have the hot start or crater fill options I guess that wasn't untill later machine, still a good deal butt im going to look some more

Comment

Python gun is much nicer

Comment

Working...
        X