Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clint738
    replied
    My father use to run those SA200's (or maybe they were SA250's ?) on a few of the welding trucks his company had. They were the older trucks while a few nicer trucks had the Lincoln Diesel welders which welded much nicer but I can't remember the models. But not once in the area did I ever spot a truck with a Miller. My father once told me if you showed up to an oil rig with a Miller on your truck, they'd send you packing and call someone else... seems there were a lot of Lincoln fans around the permian basin back in the 70s 80s and 90s. Can't imagine it could have remained the same, since it seems all the Miller's I've ever used have worked great.

For $500 I'd gladly offer you that for a working SA200. I'm sure you will get your money's worth. Nice score with the trailer and all.
    Last edited by clint738; 02-24-2017, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    I'm going to but it and put it online and just see what happens. I have a Hobart beta mig 200 and a spool gun for it, millermatic 251, an old Miller dial arc 250, a syncrowave 250, a bobcat 225 and I just picked up a Lincoln square wave 200, Which I really like cause it's small and I can take it anywhere with my bobcat.

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    I figured you did a bit of all of it and that SA200 couldn't power either machine anyhow seeing as it's 115VDC. You could DC TIG or even MIG/fluxcore with the right spoolgun set up with the SA200 but still a bit limited.

Just giving you a hard time. I have a Bobcat 225G Plus as well w/ Spoolmatic 1 spoolgun & WC-1 weld control, HF251D for aluminum TIG & suitcase feeder for MIG, Millermatic 200 & Syncrowave 180 SD in the shop and an SA200 so . . . But I'm just a hobby welder.

If in overall decent shape, I would easily give you your $500 back for just the machine if you were closer.

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    I do anything. I fix/rebuild alot of horse trailers and car trailers. Sometimes I'll need to bring my Tig welder for an aluminum trailer or if it's steel I'll bring my mig welder, or sometimes I'm able to stick weld depending what it is. That's why I want to put the bobcat on, the sa200 don't have near the generator I would need to run my Tig or mig welder. I just use it on the side. I'm mainly a Tig welder. I build stainless exhaust for yachts.

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Mmmm. Pullin' an SA200 to replace it with a Bobcat. That would get a contract out on a guy in some parts.

What kind of welding do you normally do?

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    We'll I'm picking it up Saturday anyways. I just want the trailer from it cause of the way it's set up. I have a newer Miller bobcat I'm going to out on the trailer. I'll take the Lincoln and put online and see what I can get out of it. Thanks for allergen info guys.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    There was a beautifully restored one with an asking of $1400 that sat for better than 8 months without an offer up here in NE Pa

go figure.... regional demands/prices differ.... and we are in the middle of the Marcellus gas patch

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    SE Texas in the heart of oil country and it wouldn't still be available on Saturday here at that price.

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    I won't be around it till Saturday to check the number. Where are you located for this machine to bring 2K? I'm in Florida so I don't know how much it'll bring around here.

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Can't go wrong with the package at $500. A running welding unit like that brings $2K plus around here for just the machine.

Get the SN off the face plate and you can determine its year of manufacture.
    http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...of_Machine.pdf
    Last edited by duaneb55; 02-20-2017, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott31 View Post
    Yeah the paint job isn't great at all. But it does run and weld good with the trailer, 50 foot of leads, air hose reels, and torch tank holders. He's asking 500 for it. I don't think I can really go wrong with buying it. I just wanted a second opinion.
    $500 with trailer sounds fair enough.........

(make sure you get the trailer title)

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    Yeah the paint job isn't great at all. But it does run and weld good with the trailer, 50 foot of leads, air hose reels, and torch tank holders. He's asking 500 for it. I don't think I can really go wrong with buying it. I just wanted a second opinion.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Looks like an SA-200..... have seen them running/welding from $200 to $2500 depending on condition

that slop paint job sure did not help it......................

Leave a comment:

• Scott31
    replied
    I'm not sure what it is and that's the only picture I have. I believe it's an Lincoln sa200 from around the 1960's. It's a gas engine also if that helps any cause I know some were diesel's

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Maybe I missed it. Are we supposed to get all the information we need off that one picture?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X