Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quaddamg
    replied
    Anyone? willing to give the above a check for me...it's a $1000 board, i just want to verify its what i need as no one is able to pinpoint it

Leave a comment:

• quaddamg
    replied
    no, the gun only feeds when trigger is depressed

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    To clarify, does the wire attempt to feed as soon as the machine power is turned on?

If yes, have you checked for a shorted (closed) gun trigger switch? HELP 3 also indicates the gun trigger switch is closed when the machine is powered on.

Leave a comment:

• quaddamg
    replied
    I asked and he was unsure

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by quaddamg View Post
    just called again,walked through some stuff. same as before, nothing seems wrong. Does anyone have one of these machine and willing to check something for me??

machine opened up..PC1 board is the only board sitting vertically in the middle of the machine. on top left of this board is a small white twisted pair of wires that goes to an thermistor on side of cooling tunnel. there is another for the other side below it with a three wire plug but only the 2 again. If i unplug either of these with the machine on, i get an "over temp" message on the front screens...but my fan does NOT turn on. if someone is willing to verify this is as i suspect NOT normal...it would verify I still have a problem with this board
    why not go through that with the Miller Tech....???

Leave a comment:

• quaddamg
    replied
    just called again,walked through some stuff. same as before, nothing seems wrong. Does anyone have one of these machine and willing to check something for me??

machine opened up..PC1 board is the only board sitting vertically in the middle of the machine. on top left of this board is a small white twisted pair of wires that goes to an thermistor on side of cooling tunnel. there is another for the other side below it with a three wire plug but only the 2 again. If i unplug either of these with the machine on, i get an "over temp" message on the front screens...but my fan does NOT turn on. if someone is willing to verify this is as i suspect NOT normal...it would verify I still have a problem with this board

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Have you called Miller factory tech support ......... ???

920-735-4356 or 1-800-4-A-Miller (1-800-426-4553).

Leave a comment:

• quaddamg
    started a topic 350P, replaced/repaired 3 boards still 0 arc voltage

350P, replaced/repaired 3 boards still 0 arc voltage

Was told by a service tech to replace the user interface board. It came with the pulse board also, so I changed them both and no change,wire feeds...3 seconds and 0 arc voltage (HELP 3). Call Miller, get put through to the gentleman who is the 350 guy...even though im not a tech he agrees to walk me throught the test procedure for the main power board and IGBT's..we do all this and all checks good. He says if I have already changed user interface and Pulse boards and bottom end checks good it can only be the only board left. I send that board out for repair (free quote) they say there was damaged parts and are replaced. install board and well i think you know where this is heading...same fault. almost 2k$ into "repairs"....any help..ideas? wanna buy a Python gun and a bunch of new boards
Working...
X