Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everlast Welder... I have seen the light!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchroman
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post

Replaced by the Sync 210 inverter...... that is even better yet.....

https://www.millerwelds.com/equipmen...welders-m00488

The 210 does indeed look like a good machine, but I already have a Miller 252, that is a keeper. The 210 would be a good choice for someone who wants to move the machine to go to different locations and do either MIG or TIG or both. Apparently it has both CC and CV capability. Hopefully the circuit boards are durable or at least less expensive than the Dynasty.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Synchroman View Post

More seriously, I'm a hobby welder but I've been welding a long time. I have to say that the Syncrowave 200 is certainly an excellent machine, given that it is a transformer-based unit. It does everything that one needs. It has an excellent arc in both DC Negative for steel and AC. for TIG. Admittedly, there's no variable high frequency adjustment, but it does have pulse and lots of adjustments for the Square wave to take into account cleaning versus penetration. I also like the start options. All in all, it's been a solid, reliable unit. I added a cooler to mine with an adapter and that helped to cool things down when welding.

I don't think that they build them anymore since everything is going to inverter technology but it does the job for me.
    Replaced by the Sync 210 inverter...... that is even better yet.....

https://www.millerwelds.com/equipmen...welders-m00488

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Well....ill trade you my bars for your syncrowave....<br />
    <br />
    I use the iPhone app almost exclusively, I don't get to see them there bars. I hear they're purdy this time of year though.
    More seriously, I'm a hobby welder but I've been welding a long time. I have to say that the Syncrowave 200 is certainly an excellent machine, given that it is a transformer-based unit. It does everything that one needs. It has an excellent arc in both DC Negative for steel and AC. for TIG. Admittedly, there's no variable high frequency adjustment, but it does have pulse and lots of adjustments for the Square wave to take into account cleaning versus penetration. I also like the start options. All in all, it's been a solid, reliable unit. I added a cooler to mine with an adapter and that helped to cool things down when welding.

I don't think that they build them anymore since everything is going to inverter technology but it does the job for me.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Well....ill trade you my bars for your syncrowave....<br />
    <br />
    I use the iPhone app almost exclusively, I don't get to see them there bars. I hear they're purdy this time of year though.

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    I called up there to Elk Grove once with a tech question right after I got my HTP machine....on a Saturday....talked to Jeff, he solved my issue (which was just my ignorance) immediately. I told him that I didn't expect them to be opened on Saturday. He said they weren't open. <br />
    <br />
    On another topic....syncroman....if you get that dynasty, are you gonna change your name? You could come up with a combo of the two....
    No, I have to keep this name until I get some of those orange bars under my ID like you have. LOL

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    I have called Jeff many times just to shoot the welding breeze...Bob

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I called up there to Elk Grove once with a tech question right after I got my HTP machine....on a Saturday....talked to Jeff, he solved my issue (which was just my ignorance) immediately. I told him that I didn't expect them to be opened on Saturday. He said they weren't open. <br />
    <br />
    On another topic....syncroman....if you get that dynasty, are you gonna change your name? You could come up with a combo of the two....

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied

And imported/supported by a guy in Elk Grove, IL..... for the last 20 or so years

in all fairness........... they have a good reputation
    That would be Mr Jeff Nolan. Great guy...Bob
    Last edited by aametalmaster; 02-04-2017, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Originally posted by xryan View Post

Sorry, not HTP, great now I got to worry bout a goombah whos a gonna breaka mya fingers ah....another one with similar letters maybe it's AHP?
    Most likely. I think AHP is the one Southpaw sells.

Leave a comment:

• xryan
    replied
    Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
    Companies in China build whatever they are asked. Some of the highest quality tools on the planet are made in China. You just won't see them imported here. We only import the crap because if the American consumer can afford more than crap, they buy American. That said, more and more American companies are having Chinese companies build things to their higher tolerances and levels of quality. You will see more and more "American" items made in China, albeit to a higher standard than the typical Chinese-branded crap, and indeed, can be the equal of any American tool or machine. You will have to pay more attention to the labeling instead of just the brand.
    Correct. I'm sure they do have quality welding equipment that's made in China, but it's never going to come here because yes, our stuff that's similar quality is cheaper/better/made here and used by industry and trades people who want to keep each other employed. However even the quality equipment made there is 99% knock off machines from Miller/Lincoln from US, ESAB from Europe and OTC/Daihen from Japan. They have excellent heavy equipment made there like Caterpillar, etc. and they cost just as much as ones made here because they are made by Caterpillar. These welders are throw away consumer grade equipment, no matter how you slice it. Yes there are high grade electronics made there like IPhones but those are state of the art assembly plants that are pretty much supervised by Apple, etc. Even then the US companies that have stuff assembled by 8 year olds in China still have quality issues (IE; Lincoln low end equipment made for big box stores, etc)

Bottom line, Chinese welding equipment you see here are the Walmart toy version which is fine as long as you realize that. They are not industrial quality, not reliable, and barely have any support. Even with a warranty, what are you going to do next time something doesn't work? Wait a week for some guy in his living room in Georgia to get back to you? Then pay how much to send the junk unit back? Wait how many weeks for another new junk unit. Sending it back COST you probably $50 minimum with shipping/insurance, and you are without a machine for a month or more? Then roll the dice to see if the new one doesn't blow up?Screw that.

We had 2 diametrically opposed posts about quality machines vs crap machines, customer service vs getting jerked around yesterday...Thanks Miller, I'll stick with blue thank you very much. When I do have a problem with my equipment I'll throw it in the back of a truck and drive 5 min down the road and have a factory authorized repair guy look at it. Better yet, I'll call and he'll be over in an hour.

Leave a comment:

• xryan
    replied

As far as I knew HTP were built by STEL in Italy

And imported/supported by a guy in Elk Grove, IL..... for the last 20 or so years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMYzQbaHlM

Sorry, not HTP, yes they are made in Italy. Great now I have worry bout a goombah whos a gonna breaka mya fingers ah....another one with similar letters maybe it's AHP?
    Last edited by xryan; 02-04-2017, 02:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jayare123
    replied
    I've debated posting in this so many times... I'm glad they're sending you a brand new machine. That's cool. But what does it say about a company if they just send a new one. Says they have throw away products. I'm not a fan of throw away products.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Companies in China build whatever they are asked. Some of the highest quality tools on the planet are made in China. You just won't see them imported here. We only import the crap because if the American consumer can afford more than crap, they buy American. That said, more and more American companies are having Chinese companies build things to their higher tolerances and levels of quality. You will see more and more "American" items made in China, albeit to a higher standard than the typical Chinese-branded crap, and indeed, can be the equal of any American tool or machine. You will have to pay more attention to the labeling instead of just the brand.

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    There are some good products built in China and Taiwan. I have a Chinese Enco lathe that has been used weekly several hours since 1994 and still gives good service. My 1987 Webb milling machine was built in Taiwan and is a great machine. I've even heard good things about Everlast. Would I buy one? No. Not because they are Chinese but rather I have access to some great American Machines like Miller and Lincoln. My Syncrowave 200 has been serving me well since 2006 when I bought it new. My Millermatic 252 was bought new three years ago and is used weekly. Both machines are very reliable and suit my needs. I also have a 20 year old Lincoln AC-DC Tombstone that is still going strong.
    I understand that one can save money by buying Everlast, Longevity and other similar units but when it comes to welders, I've been well-served with Miller and Lincoln so there's no reason to look elsewhere. When I upgrade my TIG unit, I'd probably buy a Dynasty.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    I didn't know that about HTP.
    As far as I knew HTP were built by STEL in Italy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMYzQbaHlM

Last edited by H80N; 02-03-2017, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X