No announcement yet.

Miller Bobcat 225NT assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems that could cause it. Can you try another meter to be sure? Some meters aren't that accurate at very low resistance values.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
      Seems that could cause it. Can you try another meter to be sure? Some meters aren't that accurate at very low resistance values.
      I believe what the meter is saying, it is old but a good meter... I ordered a replacement resistor tonight, more to come when it arrives.

Comment

Anxious to see if that fixes it. Let's hope.

Comment

Ok gang.... good news, While waiting for the new resistor to arrive I used another that I had available to me to verify the issue at hand. I adjusted the revolving voltage to read the max spec, loaded up 1/8 6011 set to the medium course setting (80-150) and saw a dramatic increase in welder output. Frankly it now behaves as I would expect it to behave. Once I install the new resistor I plan to double check the revolving voltage but from what I can see I am going to call this a success. I feel confidant enough at this point that I am willing to run it to the local welding shop for a load test for verification. Thank you to everyone who chimed in and helped me to get this project the rest of the way to completion.

Comment

Great! A couple of extra ohms in the exciter circuit is not good!

Comment

Working...
            X