TigButton Hand Control......?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welders dream....??? wow.....

no dispute about Italian made though..............

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
      Welders dream....??? wow.....

no dispute about Italian made though..............
      nothing wrong with being Italian made when there are zero documented occurrences of one failing without it being user error.
      Last edited by OscarJr; 02-11-2017, 10:04 AM.
      HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
      HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
      HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
      HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
      HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
      HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I would like to learn more about this TigButton Hand Control

now THAT is interesting...........

Awaiting FusionKing's evaluation....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

I would like to learn more about this TigButton Hand Control

now THAT is interesting...........

Awaiting FusionKing's evaluation....
          I wrote a long post this morning first thing, got distracted (because of money) and forgot to post it. I went to work on my rental house and worked all day painting etc.
          Then came home and it wouldn't let me post....
          More later

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300
          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

nothing wrong with being Italian made when there are zero documented occurrences of one failing without it being user error.
            I have advised a few people to buy one of these. I wouldn't mind having one myself. I've only heard good things.
            I would like a Ferrari or Lamborghini too
            Don't get all bent because I started this. Just a simple observation I made that they call themselves USA Weld. Lot of Lincolns made there too.
            Trump'll fix it (just kidding)

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Might not be able to get the Mexican made Lincoln machines here shortly. Except maybe those that are dented up a bit from being tossed over the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                might not be able to get the mexican made lincoln machines here shortly. Except maybe those that are dented up a bit from being tossed over the wall.
                hahaha!!!!!

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post

I have advised a few people to buy one of these. I wouldn't mind having one myself. I've only heard good things.
                  I would like a Ferrari or Lamborghini too
                  Don't get all bent because I started this. Just a simple observation I made that they call themselves USA Weld. Lot of Lincolns made there too.
                  Trump'll fix it (just kidding)

Ol Oscar got steamed up without understanding the spirit of the post.... he could use some DeCaf.....

here is another of my recent posts on the subject.......

As far as I knew HTP were built by STEL in Italy

And imported/supported by a guy in Elk Grove, IL..... for the last 20 or so years

in all fairness........... they have a good reputation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMYzQbaHlM
                  http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...he-light/page2
                  Last edited by H80N; 02-11-2017, 06:49 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 200

Comment

OK.....I got it!! It came by surprise, because I expected it to be in a box too big to fit into my mailbox. Instead it came in a box about the same size that you would get a paperback book in.
                    Great instructions.
                    Easy assembly.
                    My son/business partner Darryll put it on the 280 and ran a few short beads, Then my #1 employee/welder Josh used it a bit, and tried to con Darryll into letting him use the 280 instead of the 700 he was using..... not happening!
                    So I got a spare minute to play. It is sensitive to put it in a nutshell. It varies the amps just fine, just very short stroked. You are simply mashing a gel filled button.
                    If you have worked somewhere that you simply used a on-off button to weld with, then you will love it for sure. When I had my old Airco, I had the button on it. It was so much better than the old foot pedal a lot of the time. You learn how to space your dimes from feeding not amp variance.
                    Now my first time on the TigButton I tried to vary the amps in my normal fashion. I was welding on 1" x 1 7/8" x 1/8th" oval tubing (aluminum). I like to dip, then raise my amps a bit and wash back a tad, and then move on and repeat. Well my bead width was all over the place, because the amps was way higher than I would normally go with the RCC-14 (east-west) hand controller (185). With it I would never hit max setting. With this you will.
                    So I simply held my mouth right, and fed rod like a boss, and it was ok. It tapered out on the end crater just like normal and all that. I could have got up and reset the machine to about 135 and I'm certain it would've helped. Sorry. I didn't. I'm a normal welder
                    Darryll welded the entire perimeter of a swim platform with it, and it did fine. In our shop we use everything. This is one more thing.
                    It is made in USA
                    It has a great warranty
                    They have parts on hand or will custom make them to suit you.
                    They do all of that quickly.
                    I wish I could tell you more. I had to go back to work. I have been turning into a salesman/boat handler/office person lately. (dammit!)
                    It does what they say and it is cheap. Get one and use it for a month and I'm sure you'll love it.
                    Meanwhile Darryll and Josh will beat the crap out of it and we will see how tuff it really is. Not intentionally. We just use our stuff to it's fullest potential most of the time. We will go thru a couple of hand controllers and 3 or more torches every year. Twisting, bending, dropping, stepping on, yanking.....you get the picture.
                    And if I don't hire another guy soon I might get to play with it a bunch too. I may get another one as well. (TigButton) We are like 6 months behind and spring is just around the corner.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                    Miller WC-115-A
                    Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                      OK.....I got it!! It came by surprise, because I expected it to be in a box too big to fit into my mailbox. Instead it came in a box about the same size that you would get a paperback book in.
                      Great instructions.
                      Easy assembly.
                      My son/business partner Darryll put it on the 280 and ran a few short beads, Then my #1 employee/welder Josh used it a bit, and tried to con Darryll into letting him use the 280 instead of the 700 he was using..... not happening!
                      So I got a spare minute to play. It is sensitive to put it in a nutshell. It varies the amps just fine, just very short stroked. You are simply mashing a gel filled button.
                      If you have worked somewhere that you simply used a on-off button to weld with, then you will love it for sure. When I had my old Airco, I had the button on it. It was so much better than the old foot pedal a lot of the time. You learn how to space your dimes from feeding not amp variance.
                      Now my first time on the TigButton I tried to vary the amps in my normal fashion. I was welding on 1" x 1 7/8" x 1/8th" oval tubing (aluminum). I like to dip, then raise my amps a bit and wash back a tad, and then move on and repeat. Well my bead width was all over the place, because the amps was way higher than I would normally go with the RCC-14 (east-west) hand controller (185). With it I would never hit max setting. With this you will.
                      So I simply held my mouth right, and fed rod like a boss, and it was ok. It tapered out on the end crater just like normal and all that. I could have got up and reset the machine to about 135 and I'm certain it would've helped. Sorry. I didn't. I'm a normal welder
                      Darryll welded the entire perimeter of a swim platform with it, and it did fine. In our shop we use everything. This is one more thing.
                      It is made in USA
                      It has a great warranty
                      They have parts on hand or will custom make them to suit you.
                      They do all of that quickly.
                      I wish I could tell you more. I had to go back to work. I have been turning into a salesman/boat handler/office person lately. (dammit!)
                      It does what they say and it is cheap. Get one and use it for a month and I'm sure you'll love it.
                      Meanwhile Darryll and Josh will beat the crap out of it and we will see how tuff it really is. Not intentionally. We just use our stuff to it's fullest potential most of the time. We will go thru a couple of hand controllers and 3 or more torches every year. Twisting, bending, dropping, stepping on, yanking.....you get the picture.
                      And if I don't hire another guy soon I might get to play with it a bunch too. I may get another one as well. (TigButton) We are like 6 months behind and spring is just around the corner.
                      Garry...............Cool........ Thank You....

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

decaf?? me?? NEVAHH!!! What I drink at work every morning....

HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                        HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
                          decaf?? me?? NEVAHH!!! What I drink at work every morning....

Hilarious!!!

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                          Miller WC-115-A
                          Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

OK
                            A small Update here......
                            A former employee, who now has his own aluminum mobile biz going, stopped by Sunday for a nice long visit. He has a new 210 Dynasty and is currently using an on-off button. His east-west controller blew the board out pretty quickly. He was on the job and needed to finish. So he rigged the switch off of his Everlast to the Miller. It has been working fine. (I know I know)
                            He tried the 280 Dynasty of ours with the "TigButton" and LOVED it. He was going on how great it was to vary the amps like that. So coming from his perspective..... it was the cat's meow.
                            And I would take his word over most folks. He is certainly a well accomplished tig welding expert. Tulsa welding school grad with a power plant tube welding background and a good decade in the field welding aluminum.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                            Miller WC-115-A
                            Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Garry, I love your coffee cup! I SO need one of those!!

Thank you so much for posting the feedback on the TigButton. That is mighty kind of you!

As a side note Garry, there are several ways that we can vary the sensitivity of the TigButton. If someone is really jonesing for more or less pressure sensitivity, we can do that. We just did not want to overly complicate the control box. Perhaps that is something we might need to revisit. We have had a couple requests, one for less sensitivity and one for more. When we set up the system for sale, we just went with a "feel" that most of the welders we tested with liked. General consensus was that after a short "break in period" most would easily settle in to the "pressure feel" as set.

On the HTP machines:

We are currently having some success on getting the HTP machines set up.. we did manage to locate the correct mating remote connector I believe and have that on order. We can then set up a test unit and maybe get to take OscarJr up on his kind offer to take some test measurements for us. I expect that there is a decent chance that we will be able to control that machine. We should be ready to try that, shortly

Also, apparently some of the lincoln tigs are a bit different, so I am still trying to find someone in the Denver area with a Tig 200 Square Wave machine. to test. Also a 255 Square wave would be nice.. We would love to be able to support all of the lincoln stable too even tho they aren't Millers.

I am saving my pennies for a new Dynasty.... someday!

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words here. I could not think of a nicer place to chat welding!

Comment

Er My BAD! OscarJr. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                                X