No announcement yet.

TigButton Hand Control......?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's it built and where would I go for repair parts?

Comment

It is built in Colorado USA and we currently have and will have on our new website, all the parts, plus we are adding a few accessories.

Hope that helps.

Also, if anyone in the Denver area has a Lincoln TIG 200 squarewave or a 255 squarewave, I would love to connect with them. We need to test with one of those.

Dave Vogel

Comment

Dave,

I sent you a message through your website. I would be interested in working with you to hopefully develop one for my HTP Invertig 221 tig welder (sold by USAWELD). I currently have a foot pedal and two hand amp controls (made by CK Worldwide) and they work, but they have their drawbacks.
        HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
        HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Just got off the phone with Dave. (TigWoof)
          He is super nice and easy to talk with. He is also very knowledgeable. We spoke about exactly how it operates and how to work it. He answered all of my questions easily and in a way that anyone could relate to. He is a fellow welder. He is exactly the kind of guy our country should be rewarding.
          So I'll have my new button in a few days. Can't wait.
          To me $199 is dirt cheap.
          If we all like it here, then we will have 3, plus spare parts..... eventually.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300
          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Thank you Garry, for the very kind words. Speaking of nice fellas and knowledgeable, you certainly have me beat! That was really cool hearing about your operation! I would love to visit sometime!

I also got back with you, Oscar. Thank you for the interest. We would love to set up that machine. I will be seeing if I can find one in the Denver area to take a few electronic measurements on, so we can make that happen.

Thanks again all, really nice folks here!

Comment

First I would like thank all of you for the years I have been gathering information from this site as a guest. Definitely some talented individuals post here and have taught me a lot. Thank you all.

Funny coincidence is that I received my Tigbutton yesterday and have to say Dave Vogel has a great product. Spoke with him before I ordered and was pleased with his willingness to provide information. Contact Dave if you have concerns.

The Tigbutton is better than I expected. I was taught to constantly vary the amperage from an aerospace welder friend. With less than 30 minutes practice, I am able to constantly vary the current with finger pressure. Still learning muscle control to avoid occasionally extinguishing the arc while fluctuating the amperage but that will come with practice.

I have worked in a welding supply business so know the cost of the Tigbutton is comparable to a name brand foot control at retail. I could not convince myself to spend almost a grand on a wireless control as I wanted to get rid of being limited by a foot control.

I didn't think I could easily get the constant variation in current I expect with north/south, east west or slider controls currently found on the market but have no experience with them.

Thank you for the knowledge and entertainment over the years of scouring this forum. Thank you Dave for a great product.

Comment

I'm in for one for the HTP too....Oscar you beat me to it. <br />
                <br />
                I could've used one today. I was, again, on my back in the dirt, foot pedal between my knees, welding a bracket on the bottom side of the a frame rail for a motor scooter. Guy uses it at the drag strip and we made a little modification...got rid of that completely useless nonsense of fiberglass body panels and stuff...<br />
                <br />
                I also have the maxstar 150 STH that I think would benefit greatly from such a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                  I'm in for one for the HTP too....Oscar you beat me to it. <br />
                  <br />
                  I could've used one today. I was, again, on my back in the dirt, foot pedal between my knees, welding a bracket on the bottom side of the a frame rail for a motor scooter. Guy uses it at the drag strip and we made a little modification...got rid of that completely useless nonsense of fiberglass body panels and stuff...<br />
                  <br />
                  I also have the maxstar 150 STH that I think would benefit greatly from such a tool.
                  There is an adapter whip available for the Maxstar to adapt from the 6 pin to 14 pin cable. We have one for the one we use.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                  Miller WC-115-A
                  Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                    This is an interesting approach..... pressure sensitive.. more pressure more amps

https://tigcontrol.com/

Has anybody tried one yet............??????

looks kinda garage built....prototype/kludgy....... but may have promise in real production
                    Thanks for posting this. Glad you did. Now I'm hoping it'll work like I'm imagining

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                    Miller WC-115-A
                    Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post

Thanks for posting this. Glad you did. Now I'm hoping it'll work like I'm imagining
                      You are welcome.....

as an old telemetry engineer..... it struck me as a cool concept...........

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Dave, I can help with electronic measurements. I'm pretty tech saavy and mechanically inclined. If a voltmeter and/or an oscilloscope can measure it, then I can assist no problem.
                        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Heck I think HTP should simply loan him one. With a name like USA Weld

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                          Miller WC-115-A
                          Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                            Heck I think HTP should simply loan him one. With a name like USA Weld
                            Ironic title...USAWeld ...??...Made by STEL in Italy...........

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

Any updates........... ???....

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

Ironic title...USAWeld ...??...Made by STEL in Italy...........
                                It's an awesome machine, with no complaints about it anywhere. Who cares about the A-B-Cs of the company name? Certainly not all the people who make them fly off the shelves when they have their annual sale, and dry up the stock completely. Lesser machines dream of having such a following.
                                HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                                HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                                HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                                HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Working...
                                X