TigButton Hand Control......?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TigButton Hand Control......?????

This is an interesting approach..... pressure sensitive.. more pressure more amps

https://tigcontrol.com/

Has anybody tried one yet............??????

looks kinda garage built....prototype/kludgy....... but may have promise in real production

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Nice. Looks like application of a strain gauge; must be some electronics in a box back by the welder.

Comment

Yeah a bit pricy $400 and a bit clunky, but a good start. I'd like to see and try one with my own hands.
      Ryan
      MILLERMATIC 350P w/Bernard BTB300 w/XR-A Python 25'
      MULTIMATIC 200 w/Spoolmate 100 w/TIG w/Wireless pedal
      SPECTRUM 375 X-Treme
      (2) DIGITAL ELITE helmets
      Weld-Mask goggles/hood
      OPTREL e684 helmet
      SMITH torches
      HARRIS torches

Comment

Originally posted by xryan View Post
        Yeah a bit pricy $400 and a bit clunky, but a good start. I'd like to see and try one with my own hands.
        I only seen it priced at $199
        Maybe you had 2 ordered when you checked your cart? I did the same thing

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
        Miller WC-115-A
        Miller Spectrum 300
        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Looks interesting. I wonder if there is a money-back guarantee if you're not satisfied. I have both the linear slider and the rotary-track hand controls from CK Worldwide, but, as most things I buy, I just bought them for the **** of it and only used them once.
          HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
          HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
          HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
          HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
          HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
          HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I sense a pattern. I'll have to see what is lying around my drawers, too. Maybe we should start a trading circle for experimenting with the different ones out there.

Comment

I'd join that group.

Comment

Website is 2015
                None of us ever heard of it before......I wondering if they are, or ever was, for real.
                If so I'm getting one.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                  Website is 2015
                  None of us ever heard of it before......I wondering if they are, or ever was, for real.
                  If so I'm getting one.
                  Garry

you are our resident hand control wizard... (among your several areas of pertinent expertise )

I for one would be very interested in your evaluation...............

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                  Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Sounds like a really cool idea, but not $200 cool more like $75 to $100 cool, then I'm in. I like my thumb wheel I got with my syncro 250. I have used the heck out of if and it does the trick in tight spots or up a ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldgrandad View Post
                      Sounds like a really cool idea, but not $200 cool more like $75 to $100 cool, then I'm in. I like my thumb wheel I got with my syncro 250. I have used the heck out of if and it does the trick in tight spots or up a ladder.
                      Me too.
                      BUT......Millers cord breaks right at the plug where it goes into the board. And they won't sell just the cord. I don't have a clue why. Me asking (more like begging) was how I got to know them better. 2 years later I have a ton of cool goodies but am still having to repair cords or buy entire units.
                      These guys say they sell cords only (if they exist). That could save me a couple hundred a year.
                      I haven't found anyone on Google who has ever used one. Just a post by Dave Vogel (the owner) and a bunch of links back to his website.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                      Miller WC-115-A
                      Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

Garry

you are our resident hand control wizard... (among your several areas of pertinent expertise )

I for one would be very interested in your evaluation...............
                        Trust me I'm in. I sent an email. We'll see

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                        Miller WC-115-A
                        Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

The website leaves much to be desired. I can't find any YouTube videos on it. If I made those doofloppies, I'd find some 5th grader to make my website better and 6th grader to make me some YouTube videos so people can see it work. I will definitely buy one if they're for real. No more upside down, under the dash, half way wrapped around a roll cage and squeezing the foot pedal between my knees like a thigh master!

Comment

Hello all!

The TigButton™ brand amperage control is our thing. Yes its real. Yes it works better than any hand control I have
                            ever used. The need is why my partner and I created it. We have about 40 in the field with customers and response
                            extremely positive.

As of now, mostly what we support are Miller brand welders. We also support some of the Lincoln models and the
                            SanRex / currently SanArg built Thermal Arc machines, which are not the new ones currently sold by Thermal Arc /
                            Esab.

Yes! we need a website and YouTube videos badly. I beg your forgiveness! LOL I am a welder/inventor not a web guy
                            by any means. We are working on the first vids at the moment and will have someone doing a professional website
                            soon. We have spent considerable time on field testing and collecting feedback from customers, and then
                            implementing improvements to provide the best product possible. Research and testing is always ongoing.

We do try to test our TigButton brand control with every model of welder that we support and that can actually
                            prove a bit challenging in just trying to find machines to test with. Miller Syncrowaves have been the biggest
                            challenge when welding in AC with the full time Hi frequency. That high frequency starting arc is potent! It does
                            not hurt the TigButton control system, but the cable can pick up and induced HF signal and may occasionally bite
                            the welder, particularly with 50 foot torch leads. Of course, anyone that has ever looked at the set up manual for
                            a Syncrowave realizes that. Miller shows grounding everything around that could possible pick up stray currents.

The TigButton is covered by a 60 day return policy. If someone gets one and for any reason does not like it, we
                            will refund their price with no questions asked. The control box, which is the heart of the system, is covered by a
                            lifetime warranty. The connector cables and TigButton sensor itself are replaceable parts at low cost, which we supply on the website.

If anyone has any questions, I will attempt to answer them here. If you want to speak personally, give me an email to [email protected] or send me a PM here and I will give you call.

This control has been needed for a long time. As folks here have stated. Trying to weld under a race car chassis
                            or on a ladder or countless other situations can be very trying! I have been there, done that myself. Having a tig
                            pedal under my shoulder, between the legs, or even having the girlfriend press the pedal when I told them to.
                            YUP.. done that.

Thanks again for listening. If I can help I will.

Dave Vogel (TigButton guy)
                            Last edited by TigWoof; 01-31-2017, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Dave, Looks like you might have a few more guys here interested in trying one out.

My bad, yes it's $199. NOT $400 I guess I got a little click happy, wanting to try out the button.
                              Last edited by xryan; 01-30-2017, 11:01 PM.
                              Ryan
                              __________________________________________________
                              DYNASTY 350 w/Wireless pedal
                              COOLMATE 3.5
                              CK WF1
                              MILLERMATIC 350P w/Bernard BTB300 w/XR-A Python 25'
                              MULTIMATIC 200 w/Spoolmate 100 w/TIG w/Wireless pedal
                              SPECTRUM 375 X-Treme
                              (2) DIGITAL ELITE helmets
                              Weld-Mask goggles/hood
                              OPTREL e684 helmet
                              SMITH torches
                              HARRIS torches

Comment

Working...
                              X