No announcement yet.

Flux core newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't go building a trailer or anything. That wire will be fine to run some beads like MAC says. Have some fun, then sell it on Craigslist and buy something better.

Comment

As Mac and Ryan say, just have at it with the cheap wire, to learn, but for real work I stick to Lincoln or Hobart. Bought one roll of Radnor from Airgas; going back to Hobart. Hand a long run in the middle of the Radnor that just wouldn't weld nicely at all. Ripped a pile of it off the roll, tossed it, and it was OK again. Just not consistent.

Comment

Yes the only dollar outlay was for the rectifier ($8) $90 for the welder . You see I was a two way radio tech in my first career. I've watched several you tube videos before I bought the thing. I want to get into welding but didn't want to spend the big bucks and find out I didn't have the nack for it. I heard AC welders sucked so I read up and found out FCAW was DCEN, so quick conversion. This way if it turns out I can't do it, not so bad on the pocket book. And Mac, I thought your gif was so cool I copied it. Thanks again for all the help and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
          Don't go building a trailer or anything. That wire will be fine to run some beads like MAC says. Have some fun, then sell it on Craigslist and buy something better.
          No, no trailer, for right now I just want to learn and do small and light projects when I become proficient then I will move on to better equipment. Thanks.
          Last edited by Hdws51; 01-27-2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X