Beta Mig II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Mig II

I have a older Hobart Beta Mig II , that I need parts for. My welding supplier said the parts are no longer available, any other options ? The welder works great, would hate to replace it because of a plastic drive roller piecs. Thank you.

Maybe make something with a 3D printer?

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

If the old ones are still intact, you can make a mould and create new parts from either plastic or metal. Depending on the complexity of the part of course.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
        That's what I was thinking. I've had a buddy with one make gears for me that have saved clients hundreds of dollars.

Comment

I suppose there's some fancy software that lets you scan an image of the old part to create a new one....way beyond me, that's for sure.

Comment

My guess is that the software for printers would make it easy to input dimensions and just pop out a gear. I think that is a pretty common thing for 3D printers these days. Just guessing, though. I have three gears on my desk right now for a client's RV power-retract power cord reel. My buddy says they were printed within hours of me handing him the broken gear and are made of some type of sugar-based plastic that works well for gears. They look as good as the original plastic gear which lasted decades.

Comment

Im looking at the manuals and i seem to be able to find feeder parts that match your machine. They may be used in another machine that Hobart/Miller still covers. Otherwise Yeah. Gears arent bad to do with all these little hobby 3d printers. Now, there isnt any magic to them, they are pretty much a lightweight mill with a glue-gun as a mill head. They take input files that are essentially fancy gcode.. Nothing new under the sun, eh? Combined with cheap and easy cad, its pretty amazing what you can make in no time. Do you have a drawing with dimensions? If its not too complex I might be able to mock up the part for you.
              Last edited by fcanaan; 01-24-2017, 06:17 PM. Reason: Add detail

Comment

talk to the hobart group. They may be able to help.
                Glenn 300 amp stick
                Millermatic 35
                L-tec plasma

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Trying to post pictures of what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                    3D scanning & printing to "reverse engineer" the parts

http://www.design-point.com/reverse-...ster-accurate/

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I made some parts about 10 years for one of those. Can you email me a better pic? Thanks...Bob [email protected]
                      Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
                      X